W204 C63 Fire Opal Red Project thread.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
It appears my car has inherited another failing.
The right rear light cluster on the c class is known to be a weak point. I know this now after a complete failure of the loom ( well , more accurately the earth is not sufficient so melts )
Mine has melted and the plastic become brittle. The dash bonged ( they do that , right ) and the cluster died. I have take it apart and cleaned it up best I can , but the plastic has become brittle and fractured.
Just trying to find out if MB will change it under a recall or if I will pay the £31 for a new loom part.

Post from Feb '17

Today I was coming back from buying a sofa. Living the Saturday dream there folks ..

I was joining the motorway I mashed the throttle. I should have known better with the little matter of water hitting the windscreen and taken more care. Cue some sideways action , on the straight at 70mph ( officer )

A serious amount of opposite lock and I got out of jail free.

Apart from the wife who questioned me " What are you doing ? "

I replied with " driving like Walter Rohl "

I got a paddington hard stare :(

Was awesome and scary in equal combinations ( the slide , not the stare . )

Yep a C63 does not take any prisoners in the wet....especially with a few extra ponies

@Lee C63 I havent checked through your thread - have you a dyno print of your power delivery with supercharger?

There will be a couple floating about on the forum but I have never posted one since doing all the cooling mods and the water Methanol injection......Hopefully be getting it back on dyno at MSL or BFT for some bespoke tuning soon :)

I managed to track down a previous owner of my car and understood that it has a Eurocharged v4 map on it .

I took the car over the RSTuning.co.uk for a power run on their DynoDynamics rollers and it pulled 513BHP. This is for a PPP car with 2ndary cat delete

Later in the day , I asked Paul to make me a map if he thought he could get more out of the car.

He could ..

523.png

I have been growing more and more frustrated at not knowing how / why the front lip spoiler was wrapped.

I have found out ..

CRACK.jpg

I have also been complaining at the fact I found the c63 inert. I have been driving it gently ( the steering inputs , not the throttle ! ) and it reacts gently.

I have now worked out mashing and sawing at the wheel yields an almost instantaneous direction change. Proper Jekyll and Hyde car this !

Still want some OZ UltraLegs though !

I needed to remove the front lower splitter due to damage and I think as its non OEM I might just leave it off TBH. ( in the end - I have left it off , and its much better for it TBH )

IMG_1363.JPG IMG_1362.JPG IMG_1360.JPG IMG_1358.JPG

Did a motorway run today in the managed motorway section.

How does a 6.2v8 get this level of economy?

View attachment 72407

Bloody hell I get 32-33 in an engine almost half the capacity (3.2L)

63s really can be used as a daily

So my car might have accidentally gone to CGR Automotive to have some subtle mods to try and gain a bit more power. Fabrication is happening now. Desperately hope its ready for Blyton. If the mods arent finished it will go back to standard for the day and be suitably equipped. Coilovers are on their way and WILL be on for Blyton.

iOS Image - 241546781.jpg IMG_2359.JPG IMG_2354.JPG IMG_2353.JPG IMG_2352.JPG

Beautiful wheels! Are you fabbing up a set of exhaust manifolds?

Bloody hell I get 32-33 in an engine almost half the capacity (3.2L)

63s really can be used as a daily

I get 21 from my 3L petrol. :confused:

Yeah, MB Manchester resprayed mine. Treated me like a king on every occasion I've been there. (work just around the corner).

I get 21 from my 3L petrol. :confused:

Yeah, MB Manchester resprayed mine. Treated me like a king on every occasion I've been there. (work just around the corner).

Really? Mines a petrol too. A petrol V6 2003... how am I getting 32

What's your average journey length? Mine are quite short. I also drive quickly and am regularly at WOT. :cool:

Ultraleggera are the only aftermarket wheels for the c63 in my opinion. I love those wheels and planned to put them on mine before I even brought it. Sadly didn’t get round to it as when my original 19’s cracked something else came up and I ended up buying them instead.

What coil overs have you gone for? Can’t see great as I’m on my phone but they look like Bc racing. If so what kit you going for?

Last edited:
Ultraleggera are the only aftermarket wheels for the c63 in my opinion. I love those wheels and planned to put them on mine before I even brought it. Sadly didn’t get round to it as when my original 19’s cracked something else came up and I ended up buying them instead.

What coil overs have you gone for? Can’t see great as I’m on my phone but they look like Bc racing. If so what kit you going for?
You are bang on the money there ! They are the BC Racing ones. I dont normally entertain "budget" items when spending on the c63 but these seemed to fit the bill and got excellent write ups. I was also at the time hearing some horror stories about the KW V3 units failing so went for these.

I quite like them TBH ! They ride as well as the OEM , but keep the car flatter. I run some mad front camber and it really helps when pressing on , at the obvious cost of tyre wear.

However , I didnt buy a c63 for its tyre life , or MPG !

I done a lot of research on the Bc racing coil overs for the c63. They actually have some great design features that some of the dearer names don’t have. They do a few different kits from the dearer ones that have separate reservoirs to the cheapest kit wich I think is the RN kit. I think I came to the conclusion that even the cheapest versions had everything they needed for road and the odd track day. It was a while back now so I can’t remember all the pros and cons but when you look at the build quality of the bc’s in the flesh I don’t know why they are priced so cheap. A few years ago I virtually had plans to do exactly the same mods as you with maybe a weistec charger thrown in. Then we found out the wife was expecting our 6th child so the spending had to calm down lol.

I done a lot of research on the Bc racing coil overs for the c63. They actually have some great design features that some of the dearer names don’t have. They do a few different kits from the dearer ones that have separate reservoirs to the cheapest kit wich I think is the RN kit. I think I came to the conclusion that even the cheapest versions had everything they needed for road and the odd track day. It was a while back now so I can’t remember all the pros and cons but when you look at the build quality of the bc’s in the flesh I don’t know why they are priced so cheap. A few years ago I virtually had plans to do exactly the same mods as you with maybe a weistec charger thrown in. Then we found out the wife was expecting our 6th child so the spending had to calm down lol.
Your findings were almost exactly what I had found as well. The design is far , far higher than their price point would suggest they are pitched at.

I have further updates coming , dont worry ! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom