W204 C63 Fire Opal Red Project thread.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
We have coilovers .
Charlie @ CGR Automotive supplied, fitted and corner weighted .

ooooosh.jpeg

They have since been hired and re weighted again. They were too low and the rear rubbed like mad !

The OZ HLT are so light as well. I am not sure if it was a placebo , but I swear the handling improved !

The OZ HLT are so light as well. I am not sure if it was a placebo , but I swear the handling improved !
Handling will improve. Saving unsprung weight.

Exactly the look I like. The wheels and the stance of the car looks spot on :thumb:

Minor update :

IMG_2469.JPG IMG_2470.JPG IMG_2471.JPG IMG_2472.JPG IMG_2473.JPG IMG_2474.JPG IMG_2476.JPG

Off for mapping Friday ! Whoooo ! The beast is back. The newly done suspension ( setup ) is awesome. No knocks , bangs , grinds . Its 100% better than OEM !

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Headers look good!

I have been at RS Tuning ( rstuning.co.uk ) today. Along with the awesome manifolds from CGR Automotive ( CGR Automotive ) we made some very healthy gains across the board.

Paul spent ages tweaking and refining the map , fiddling and setting. Impressed as ever at his attention to detail.

The end result was this :

scan0001.jpg

Just look at those numbers.

>400ibft from 2300rpm to just over 7000rpm
>450ibft from 3000rpm to around 6300rpm !

I only drove it on a heavily trafficed A road and motorway on the way home, but its effortless ! Really happy with it !

I think this concludes Project C63. I am not sure I can justify £8k+ for a supercharger.

( at least not yet )

Old Dyno for badness

power.png

4A6A4C32-0DA0-404D-A8F9-08F2D83A7551.jpeg 90AC9FE6-9CF0-4DD2-B3D3-584B34DDD7A5.jpeg C943B15B-2946-43D3-B2CA-B7C2C51D2E08.jpeg

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I saw a C63 in a multi-story, must have had some similar headers etc work. The noise it made when the guy started it was immense. It barked into life and sent echoes around the the entire floor. Good echoes. Couldn't help grin and giggle.

During my tenure I have noticed sometime that water temps go quite high , and the design of the rad layout is suboptimal. I guess AMG know what they are doing , but some things are done for budget reasons .

This is an image of a stock rad combo setup on a C63

c63_coolers_e84a347cb923c48c57dc44c64b1129fdc8ccba6a (1).jpg

Pretty impressive number of coolers there , right ?

The problem I have been experiencing when on track is the gearbox has been reverting from manual to sport , or even comfort after 6-8 bazai laps at Blyton. I also noticed once that I got the water temps high enough that it cut power ( this was pre long tube manifolds BTW ! )

I have been speaking to the ever helpful and super knowledgeable @Paul B of Diamond Performance for a few weeks on what can be achieved to improve the cooling, and what cant.

We decided on a rather simple "blocking" sheet fitted to stop the lovely cold air going across the front faces of the coolers and heading up towards the bonnet and actually force it THROUGH the coolers. The crucial one for me was the transmission cooler - thats the one located towards the bottom and two metal pipes exiting on the drivers side.

Some pics of the device being fitted.

IMG_2556.jpg IMG_2555.jpg IMG_2554.jpg IMG_2553.jpg IMG_2552.jpg IMG_2551.jpg

I can confirm that after a run back from Pauls the water temps never went above 92 degrees and were often bang on 90 degree C. This is around 10% lower than before. I have no dyno figures , or transmission temps to check on track . Best sort that ...

The part looks OEM fresh , fits perfectly and most importantly does its job. I believe Paul @ Diamond Peformance will be selling these soon !

Might be purchasing one of those :)

Weistec do a bigger transmission sump which stores more transmission fluid so better cooling, it also has additional ports so you can run it through a separate cooler ( think gasman did this on his)

Weistec do a bigger transmission sump which stores more transmission fluid so better cooling, it also has additional ports so you can run it through a separate cooler ( think gasman did this on his)

Hi fella , I spotted the Weistec part ( and the associated bill ! ) so I am going to see if my magic design will fix it rather than force me to spend cash on an issue :)

Since I put the coilovers on I have been cursed with a bloody knock. Every time I went over a crisp packet or a pothole a KER DUNK was heard. Wound me up something rotten.

Bit of digging and I purchased two of these - Top Strut Bearing 2049810025 Front 29475 | eBay

I also noted the rear end brakes were letting the side down asthetically and they were due a change as well. I appear to have had my monies worth out of the rear discs as well as the fronts that I changed earlier in the thread.

Along I popped to RSTuning and left the car there while me and my youngest went to fill our bellies.

The knocking has gone ( get in ! ) the brakes feel super , superb ( they never felt bad tbh ) and the only downer is we have identified that the rear tyres need changing tout de suite !

Some images of the day :

How have I only just seen this thread?! I'm now watching with interest ;) The exhaust looks great, any extra info on this (inc costs, if that's not too cheeky), would be good to hear.

Nice to "meet" you Andy, I am the poor unfortunate fella who works with Mr Sibley.. I feel like I've known you for yrs through your exploits with Dave on the Renault scene! Oh and thanks for helping Roland too (my friend of over 25yrs.. it's a small world!).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom