W204 C63 Fire Opal Red Project thread.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
How have I only just seen this thread?! I'm now watching with interest ;) The exhaust looks great, any extra info on this (inc costs, if that's not too cheeky), would be good to hear.

Nice to "meet" you Andy, I am the poor unfortunate fella who works with Mr Sibley.. I feel like I've known you for yrs through your exploits with Dave on the Renault scene! Oh and thanks for helping Roland too (my friend of over 25yrs.. it's a small world!).

Hi fella !

The manifolds and coilovers were done at the same time , and the guy who owns CGR automotive wanted to do some manifolds for the C63 so I got a bit of a discount. They were reassuringly expensive !

Poor us ! Fancy us both knowing the lankyfleabag !

It certainly is a small world ! Always a pleasure helping people out !

Two brand spanking Continental ContiSport 5P MO fitment , fitted.

I left the garage sideways , with an arm full of lock.
I left the T Junction at the end of the garage road with an arm full of lock
I did a u turn with more lock than a very busy locksmiths.

I think I have bedded them in now. They are a vast improvement over the rather knackered MPSS that I had on before.

Yes , I had the 265 MPSS on before and I wanted to feel what the car was like on OEM rubber. I like Michelen on some of my previous cars , but I never really "got on" with the MPSS on the C63. I could feel the softside wall deform when pressing on and it didnt present a clear picture of what the **** end was doing.

I honestly prefer the feel already. I appreciate I was running on used vs new tyres but for me the ride is better , and I havent noticed any grip drop yet ..

Interesting comments and having just done a session at Silverstone (National circuit) in the Ultima yesterday (running MPSS), I am now wondering if the soft sidewall comments are to blame for the high speed cornering instability I was feeling..... The grip was fine and the tyres didn't go off as the PZeros used to, but on the high speed corner into the pit straight I had to hold a steady half throttle (4th gear around 110mph), as it was feeling a bit "loose". Same in the high speed 1st corner, where apexing at about 100mph, was all the car would take and it felt like it was again, a bit loose. Now I'm wondering is the sidewalls aren't upto sustained lateral abuse - 245/30/19 front and 305/30/19 rear aren't exactly space hoppers, but it would make sense the sidewalls aren't upto the job.

I'm also considering Mich PS4S or Cup 2 - did you look at sidewall strength on these, as alternatives?

A good read...keep it coming. Car looks great in red.

After further use of the OEM Conti I can confirm that it feels a more grippy tyre in the cold.

I also can confirm I got a bit dun from the Police ( verbal warning ) for overtaking a car. I did hammer past , but my reasoning was I didnt want to be on the wrong side of the road for more than I needed to be.

I ordered 1l of PAS fluid ( or transmission fluid as its marked ) from MB along with my rear discs and pads. It never arrived with that package , but ultimately I have it now.

Filled it up and steering is now silky smooth. Its my fault for letting it drop as I had sling at Blyton and didnt check. Silly me , was low , not none existent.

In other news I wanted to drop the **** end around 20mm as I think its on stilts. Got all the kit out ready to measure up and prepare the drop and could I find me spanking new C Spanner ? Could I fudge ..

Ordered a new one. No doubt next weekend it will be raining ...

I am a little unhappy with the height or the rear end. I managed to lose my BC Racing C spanners so ordered some more. Ill try some before and after pics when I lower the back end .

I hope it warms up a little over the weekend for me to do this !

Today I have been over to Diamond-Performance.co.uk brand spanking new HQ. A very impressive place it is as well.

Paul had done me a carbon version of the air deflector. I am really really appreciative of this and its not just a silly bit of tat that provides aesthetic merit only. It simply works ! 92 deg C constant water temps.

Few pics to have a look at
No deflector - but look - a diamond performance custom bracket to securely fix your deflector

Last edited:

Fitted

Water temps never go above 92 deg C even when pressing on. Very happy !

Last edited:
None of the images posted today are showing.
Well, not for me anyway?

If I right click them, I'm taken to the log in screen for Renaults.

None of the images posted today are showing.
Well, not for me anyway?

If I right click them, I'm taken to the log in screen for Renaults.
Argh ! Hotlink protection. I put it on my board. One sec.

** edit ** should be good now ?

God I love your car!

Maybe I should add manifolds to mine - already have an IPE but feel it’s lost it’s bark at start up!

Hi Andy..... I'm thinking of getting one of these, before I do, question on temps if you don't mind: You say water never goes above 92deg, but what about oil temps? Water temp on my car never gets above 92deg as standard, but the oil temp does sit 100-110 and can climb to as high as 113 when sitting for a long time in traffic. Where are your oil temps?
Thanks, Mark

hi Mark,

You might see the water temps rise if you take it on track buddy. Also , its not just the water , but as you state the oil and the killer for me has been the transmittion fluid temps. When really pushing on I noticed the the box will sometimes come out of Manual and goto sport.

For reference : Water max I have seen is 92 deg C , oil 105 deg C. I dont tend to sit in traffic though for ages. Its pretty clear where I am.

Of course the device wont help with stationary traffic only when moving. The oil temps do drop like a stone though when moving ! :)

Thanks Andy. Agree, it was really the oil that raised my eyebrows as I've not had a car that runs so hot on the oil before. I don't (and don't plan to) track the car, but as I sit in Birmingham traffic daily, it would be good to get those temps down a little, once rolling again. No idea about the gearbox's temps (is there a way to "see" them??), but I've never had it drop out of "M" while hooning.

Dave is going to contact the carbon place and ask about a panel for me, so I should get one fitted in due course ;) Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom