W204 C63 N/A power upgrades

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

V8andTurbos

Car
MK5 Golf GTI + C63 AMG
My C63 has a Quaife diff, secondary cat delete and remapped by MSL. I'd like to try get some more power from the car. Considering going down the route of headers.. what options do I have, what companies should I consider, how much will they cost and what sort of power can I make with a revised remap? Also can I keep the original exhaust or will it restrict power and torque?

A stock 63 with a MSL map usually makes circa 520/530 BHP? Not much to be gained with headers for the money they cost..

You're not going to get much more than you already have with the M156 engine.

As you've realised, headers themselves won't make a massive difference, though would help towards the next progression which is usually forced induction, ideally in the form of a Weistec supercharger. :)

Stage 1 supercharged will get you roughly 620bhp and you keep the stock exhaust....being honest this was probably the best set up I had......as in useable power

Charger sounds serious but I can imagine the costs involved would be crazy. Then uprated cooling, brakes, proper suspension. Could be as well saving for a 205 C63S coupe

Charger sounds serious but I can imagine the costs involved would be crazy. Then uprated cooling, brakes, proper suspension. Could be as well saving for a 205 C63S coupe

S/c 204 C63 or 205 C63S? No brainer. 204 of course. Classic, understated car with epic big lump of an engine. It's one of a kind.

Of course if you're into keeping up with Joneses, you can jump into the 205. Hand your licence with the V5 too...

With stage 1 there is no need to uprate brakes, suspension or any additional cooling required.

While slightly off topic, if you want more power..
Have you considered an E63 (Twin Turbo 5.5).
With a simple re-map, these cars will push 700Bhp easy.
And if your thinking on a C63S, then easy within your price range.

My E63S I have here, (only rear wheel drive) is a sledgehammer to drive.
Almost 600Bhp in normal format. Remember that the "S" version E63 has revised steering and suspension so it drives like a fast car should.
And yes, I can use it all (when the road is dry).
Again if you can find one, you should be able to afford it.
A remap, you are way into 700+ Bhp.

If you want more power, then this was just an idea without spending hideous sums of money if you just simply wanted more grunt...

Good luck.

I personally felt a big difference between my EC V5 and V5 Headers map. The car just gets up and goes, throttle is so instantaneous and the acceleration I relentless. It's not quite the same bang as you get stock Vs V5 but it's an improvement in power and power delivery over all areas of the standard V5 map. The drawback is extra tyre abuse (rear is much more lively) and the noise of headers which is both awesome but very loud (see my thread :D).

I personally felt a big difference between my EC V5 and V5 Headers map. The car just gets up and goes, throttle is so instantaneous and the acceleration I relentless. It's not quite the same bang as you get stock Vs V5 but it's an improvement in power and power delivery over all areas of the standard V5 map. The drawback is extra tyre abuse (rear is much more lively) and the noise of headers which is both awesome but very loud (see my thread :D).

Cool. Did you get a before / after dyno? Apologies if I missed it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom