W204 C63 Newbie

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AndyRC

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
C63
IMG_4061.JPG Having always thought the W204 C63 looked and sounded great I've finally taken the plunge and I should be collecting this beauty before the end of January :). Any advice on C63 ownership welcome, I'm expecting to visit the petrol station a lot more often than I'm used to so under no illusions there:)

What a gorgeous car congratulations...

Only fill up with premium petrol, I’d recommend either Shell V-power or Tesco Momentum (both 99 RON)

Be careful in the rain, they love to spin up the rear tyres.

Cheers
Abs

Watch the tyre wear, some owners complain of premature uneven tyre wear - the inside edge can easily be missed in a quick visual inspection. Otherwise, be safe and enjoy!

Only fill up with premium petrol, I’d recommend either Shell V-power or Tesco Momentum (both 99 RON)

Cheers
Abs

Thanks it does look great. I'll have to find the nearest Shell station, my current car has been drinking Morrisons Diesel. When I had the test drive it was cold and damp so never had it out of Comfort so will be taking things rather cautiously for quite a while. :)

Watch the tyre wear, some owners complain of premature uneven tyre wear - the inside edge can easily be missed in a quick visual inspection. Otherwise, be safe and enjoy!

Will do , it recently had four new tyres fitted by the previous owner. As I'm planning to keep it very clean I will start to check the tyre wear:thumb:

Do many C63 owners change to winter tyres? I'm considering looking for. A set of 18inch C63 alloys and putting a set of winter (or just cold and wet weather) tyres. I'd read that the winter tyres outperform "summer" tyres at temperatures below 8degrees

Cheers
Abs

Unfortunately the nearest Shell station is 6 miles away, Tesco is further, BP is nearest , do C63 owners use BP Ultimate ? I see it's rated at 98 RON.

Unfortunately the nearest Shell station is 6 miles away, Tesco is further, BP is nearest , do C63 owners use BP Ultimate ? I see it's rated at 98 RON.
That's known as a perfect excuse too go for a short drive. It's what I do when I need to fill my tank.

Looks great, enjoy your collection and take it easy in the wet! What's the spec like?

Do many C63 owners change to winter tyres? I'm considering looking for. A set of 18inch C63 alloys and putting a set of winter (or just cold and wet weather) tyres. I'd read that the winter tyres outperform "summer" tyres at temperatures below 8degrees

I don't bother with winter tyres, I am happy to be sensible when it is cold/wet but from what I have read they do make a difference.

Winters in my part of the UK don't seem to be bad enough for long to justify the cost/storage.

Get bigger wheels and tyres, it transforms the grip!

Very nice and much easier on the eye than the 205.

V8MBO - Stunning!!

:)IMG_4121.JPG IMG_0617.JPG IMG_0616.JPG Picked up the C63 from MB Newcastle today and stuck to the speed limit on the way home (mostly Motorways) and managed 27mpg according to the computer, not sure I'll get this when I go for a ride over the moors to Whitby next week. ;) Very pleased with the car :):):)

Congrats she looks an absolute beauty! Best colour too ;)

I’ve got a set of 18 inch c63 wheels for sale in the Mercedes parts section if you are still considering buying another set.

Enjoy the car bud!

Tks, I've not had it out of Comfort setting yet, I have decided to ease myself into C63 ownership steadily ;)

I bought my C63 a couple of months ago. I’m sure you will love it.

You must try it in manual mode. That is the only way to drive it when pushing on imo. The crack sound between gear changes at WOT :rock:

A secondary cat delete also does wonders without ruining the genuine AMG sound.

Cheers.

I'm off for a trip over the moors to Whitby next week so will be exploring manual mode. Having driven VW DSGs for the last 8 or so years I've tended to use auto around town , in traffic etc and manual on an open road. Looking forward getting to know the new car in manual soon :)

27.1 mpg over 140 miles? Is that even possible? You checked its got a 6.2L V8 under the hood?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom