W204 Change default language

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

royaltiger

Car
W204 C220CDI Sport
Disconnected and reconnected battery to find language has changed from English to German, I cant seem to change language back to english on instrument cluster, when I go into settings or "Einstellungen" then its instrument cluster or "Kombiinstrument and press ok it defaults to miles or Kms only I cannot seem to scroll up or down in this submenu to scroll to language. Anyone else had this problem and cured, is it a star change by merc dealer to set back to normal.

According to the "interactive manual" the language menu only comes up on cars without a Audio system !!

Thus I imagine your new COMAND system (with the broken display :-( ) is on German and thus the cluster speaks German.

It used to be the other way - COMAND could be set to take the language set in the cluster, but it seems NTG4 does it the other way round

Richard

Thanks for that Richard, I looked at the manual and could not understand the "cars without an audio system", I thought all cars are fitted with an audio system , so language can be changed but on the Comand.

All UK cars have an audio system - I don't think that is necessarily true everywhere

The language is definely settable for COMAND on the COMAND, and I thus believe the cluster takes the langauge from there given that note in the Instrument cluster instructions and your lack of a language menu !

Cheers

Richard

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom