W204 Constant Bonnet Up Warning! Driving me mad! HELP!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

HollowPoint

Car
W204 C220 AMG Sport Estate
So, my car went in to MB a couple of weeks back, to have an intermittent fault fixed. Every now and again, always after having just started driving again, after being parked, my bonnet warning would go off. The car would start bonging incessantly for about 30 seconds each time, the dial display would continually show a picture of the car with the bonnet highlighted in red. Thankfully, this only happened now and again, it could be 5 days between incidents, or 2 weeks. I waited weeks for my service booking at my local MB, they had the car for an entire day, didn't give me a report of what they had done, whether they had fixed it or not, whether they had even replicated the problem or not......all in all, I wasn't that impressed with the service. Now however, the car has decided the bonnet is permanently up, this annoys me a LOT more, because I now literally cannot drive the car, without having a desire to ram it into the car in front of me, or a wall or something, just to shut it up! PLEASE tell me that this is a known fault and there's a really easy way to fix it, or at the very least, shut it the hell up. I don't necessarily NEED to drive it at all for the next 3 days, as I'm working away and therefore staying in a hotel. BUT, I do need to drive home on Friday, which is between 2 and 3 hours depending on traffic. :fail

I would guess there's a simple switch that makes contact when the bonnet is raised. We had a problem with the alarm going off on my wife's old Audi A4 and I traced that to the bonnet switch - I just unplugged it.

Yeah I've been looking for a switch of some description, but can't find one. I suspect it might be like my old P38 Range Rover and built into at least one, if not both bonnet latches. Sadly, I have no tools with me, so anything that has to be taken apart is a bit of a non starter :( I'm hoping there is a fuse, lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom