W204 coupe door puddle lights

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

c180081c

Car
C250 AMG Sport Coupe
Hi guys,

I have just purchased a 2012 c class coupe, it doesn't have the illumination pack but I'd like to get the puddle lights in the door cards working. Does anybody know the part number for the add on looms that connect to the door control unit?

Any help appreciated

There is no "add on loom" part. You either buy the whole door-card loom, or you make the loom. The door-card loom is option dependant (puddle lights, memory seats, etc etc)

I keep on meaning to make a load and put in the on-line shop - I've even bought the connectors that plug into the lights and the door-control-module.

Cheers

Richard

There is no "add on loom" part. You either buy the whole door-card loom, or you make the loom. The door-card loom is option dependant (puddle lights, memory seats, etc etc)

I keep on meaning to make a load and put in the on-line shop - I've even bought the connectors that plug into the lights and the door-control-module.

Cheers

Richard

Ah right that makes more sense, thanks for clearing that up. Am I to assume the loom is an extortionate amount just to get these lights working? I am utterly shocked that they put in the bulb and holder but not 50p worth of cable :eek:

This is odd, I would have thought that if you do not have this option then there would be no lamp and bulb either.... if you are certain that the lamp and bulb are there, then I would suggest that you look for a possible malfunction as supposed to assuming that this feature was not factory-fitted to your car.

This is odd, I would have thought that if you do not have this option then there would be no lamp and bulb either.... if you are certain that the lamp and bulb are there, then I would suggest that you look for a possible malfunction as supposed to assuming that this feature was not factory-fitted to your car.

Ive had the endoscope in the door and no wiring is present, ive read a few other posts on various forums where this is the case, most notabley on the C63's

Hi,
Just because they are not working and you cant see the connector, dosent mean they are not there. On my C43 I planned to retro fit them found out where they connected what crimps I needed, and when I went to fit the looms I had made I found that there was already cables in it. followed the cable through and found the loom tied and taped back in the loom with the connector etc.
It turns out as Richard had previously said it will depend on the door loom fitted, and whether the puddle light option box had been ticked when buying new.
Find out where yours should be fed from (most likely the door control module) and have a look at yours and see it the cables are fitted.
Or someone with EPC could look at the Pt. No. of the door loom fitted to your car, and compare that to the Pt. No. of a loom fitted to a car with the puddle lights from the factory.

Hi,
Just because they are not working and you cant see the connector, dosent mean they are not there. On my C43 I planned to retro fit them found out where they connected what crimps I needed, and when I went to fit the looms I had made I found that there was already cables in it. followed the cable through and found the loom tied and taped back in the loom with the connector etc.
It turns out as Richard had previously said it will depend on the door loom fitted, and whether the puddle light option box had been ticked when buying new.
Find out where yours should be fed from (most likely the door control module) and have a look at yours and see it the cables are fitted.
Or someone with EPC could look at the Pt. No. of the door loom fitted to your car, and compare that to the Pt. No. of a loom fitted to a car with the puddle lights from the factory.

Oh ok so theoretically the option could be on the door loom just not connected at factory if not ticked on the sheet. Looks like im taking the door panels off this evening :D

3f26d55ed33a6c61bc3d565077d25f60.jpg

According to the WIS the door puddle light is powered from plug 6 on the door module pins 3 & 4

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

there are quite a few door looms that I can see depending on car options, but assuming the car has not got electric seats the door loom part numbers are 204-440-05-38 and 204-440-06-38, 1 is for the LH door and the other is for the RH door, the part numbers switch depending on LH or RH drive

there are quite a few door looms that I can see depending on car options, but assuming the car has not got electric seats the door loom part numbers are 204-440-05-38 and 204-440-06-38, 1 is for the LH door and the other is for the RH door, the part numbers switch depending on LH or RH drive

I have half electric seats does that make a difference?

a6d7cb14e6fab0f4737b4d8ba66be718.jpg

Ok so pulling the door card off, there is no wiring for the puddle light, there is nothing plugged into socket #6 and putting a meter across pin 3&4 there is no power either, so I would assume when wired it would then need programming. [emoji849]

Just a thought, does it have to be dark to get voltage across pins 3 and 4?

Not sure, I assumed it would light up with the interior light but maybe some one who has the could let up know [emoji106]

Not sure, I assumed it would light up with the interior light but maybe some one who has the could let up know [emoji106]

Been away with work but nipped in and mentioned it to a tech, looks as though once wired you have to have illumination turned on so it's probably worth fitting the footwell lights at the same time

The footwell lights wire to the front SAM, and its a pig to install them as you have to take the SAM out (and also you have to make the wiring looms)

We've done a few now. Everytime i do the door looms I forget the measurement, I've been meaning to make up some in advance !

Cheers

Richard

So it's just a loom from socket 6 on the door module to the door puddle lamp and then have it turned on ?

I'd like to know about this too. I have a C220 Coupé and I'd love to get the puddle lights working.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom