W204 Dash Images

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

David J

Car
Mercedes CLS320 CDi
Firstly apologies if this has been done to earth. Recently got a 2012 W204. When I start the car the dash displays a picture of the side of a C class and 3 torsos. Ive researched this today and discovered that this relates to the rear seat belts not in use, can this be turned off ? Secondly Ive seen pictures of the dash displaying a picture of the front of a C class - how do I get this instead of the side and 3 torsos ?

I'm not aware that you can change anything here, but if you press the OK button on the left-hand steering wheel switch cluster when the warning appears, it will revert to the normal display.

Ernie

David J said:
Firstly apologies if this has been done to earth. Recently got a 2012 W204. When I start the car the dash displays a picture of the side of a C class and 3 torsos. Ive researched this today and discovered that this relates to the rear seat belts not in use, can this be turned off ? Secondly Ive seen pictures of the dash displaying a picture of the front of a C class - how do I get this instead of the side and 3 torsos ?

Have you got command online with dual display? Dual display has the picture of c class sideways on startup, on mine anyway.

Currently got an A200 courtesy car on a 66 plate, non-command, with audio 20, it does the same thing.

On my 2014 W204 it shows the image of the front of the car inside the speedometer for a few seconds on start-up, then the image goes away.

And I don't think you can cancel the rear seat belt check (though as ernie said it goes away after a couple of minutes or if you press 'OK').

I never get the image of the front, only the side. Maybe its a software update or something ?

David J said:
I never get the image of the front, only the side. Maybe its a software update or something ?
Optional extra, it cost me £475

On my 2014 W204 it shows the image of the front of the car inside the speedometer for a few seconds on start-up, then the image goes away...

It looks exactly like the start-up image on the MBclub mobile phone App.

Optional extra, it cost me £475

In my case it was a consolation prize for not having the Karl Benz windscreen signature.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom