W204 : Glovebox damping broken

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

6cyl

Car
CLS320 CDI
There is basically a damping arm on the back of it... What happens is, it either snaps the little U shaped end on it or it simply becomes disconnected... Let the glove box drop a little and you should see it towards the left side of the box.

It hooks onto the back of the glove box. Sometimes the little pin where it hooks onto can become broken, in this case some imagination is required.

Jay,
do I need to remove the lower trim and glovebox from the mount to see the damping arm or is it visible internally ? I'd guess it needs removal.
Thanks

6cyl said:
Jay, do I need to remove the lower trim and glovebox from the mount to see the damping arm or is it visible internally ? I'd guess it needs removal. Thanks

It's easier if you remove lower trim which is only 3 screws...

Cool - If the mech is broken, can it be purchased separately, or do I need a new glovebox ?

We're about to depart on a 1200 mile road trip, so it'll have to wait till we get back.

Thanks Jay

6cyl said:
Cool - If the mech is broken, can it be purchased separately, or do I need a new glovebox ? We're about to depart on a 1200 mile road trip, so it'll have to wait till we get back. Thanks Jay

Yes the little arm is only a few £

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom