W204 Grill removal (CLC)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

russwagg

Car
2013 C Class Coupe AMG sport
Hi Guys
Having fun trying to remove my grill, will not push or unclip out, defo does not come out same as a standard grill??? Seems to clip into my bumper which appears to have a rolled edge, tried all sorts of ways to get this to unclip to no joy, anyone had ago at removing a CLC grill?
Please see rear view picky.

Attachments

• 2014-03-23 16.44.56.jpg
    2014-03-23 16.44.56.jpg
    227.9 KB · Views: 41
Basically, I used brute force....was risky but when I did, I managed to get the grill off and noticed that the rolled edge of the clip/tap chipped off a bit. Cause the grill hasn't been taken off before as it's still new and the clips/tabs are new, it will be rock solid on your first attempt; this is what I had, and just used force and risked it.....worked for me.

But take care, trust me your will not need to take the bumper off. It will come off, only some force is needed.

Basically, I used brute force....was risky but when I did, I managed to get the grill off and noticed that the rolled edge of the clip/tap chipped off a bit. Cause the grill hasn't been taken off before as it's still new and the clips/tabs are new, it will be rock solid on your first attempt; this is what I had, and just used force and risked it.....worked for me.

But take care, trust me your will not need to take the bumper off. It will come off, only some force is needed.

Many thanks Haroon,
Am I right then that this comes off forwards as oppossed to pushing it back same as other W204.s? I am sort of guesing then that a replacement CLC grill isnt as easy to upgrade or get hold off?

It pushes backwards and then you pull it up and out, likewise when fitting a new one you drop it in, line up the clips and pull it forwards till it clips in. A firm tap should pop it out.

Sent from my iPhone using MBClub UK

Apologies this is for the w204 c class coupe not the clc!

Sent from my iPhone using MBClub UK

If you think it might be the same at the w204 c class coupe grill, there's no harm giving it a go.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom