W204 ILS Conering Lights not conering

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Whitelighter

Car
C220d
I have noticed that the swinging lamps that swivel with the wheel, not the little cornering units) dont seem to be working. I have a battery issue (see other thread) and I wonder if this is related? I dont get any warnings but ive parked the car facing a wall and the beams definitely are not moving with the wheel.

They do still do the little dance on start up and the ILS system is set to 'on' in the menu

I believe what your referring to is called Integrated curve illumination & it relies on 3 inputs to function.
1) Steering Angle
2)Vehicle Speed
3)yaw rate
So I don't think you will see any movement of the lights while stationary. The fact you say that they do the little dance on start up, (providing the dance is up & down & side to side) would tend to indicate that the Bi-xenon modules are working correctly.

Try going somewhere that allows you to select Full Beam, and the conditions allow the Lights to Illuminate as Full Beam, you will than see the enhanced affect of the Beam moving, I did that the other morning and was surprised at the amount of Light Omitted and the range of the Headlights! :rock:

As stated above, they do not turn with the wheel when the car is stationary. Go to a little private road, or a road that is very quiet at night. Move at say 10-15 mph and as you turn the wheel you will see hem move.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom