W204 Interior Trim Removal

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

TJR

Car
C63 AMG Estate
I would like to remove the brushed aluminium trim in my w204, but can't seem to find any DIY info. Is that because it is simply a case of using some plastic trim tools and popping them out? Particularly interested in the trim on all four doors.

As always any help / pointers would be very helpful before I start and risk breaking anything.

I would like to remove the brushed aluminium trim in my w204, but can't seem to find any DIY info. Is that because it is simply a case of using some plastic trim tools and popping them out? Particularly interested in the trim on all four doors.

As always any help / pointers would be very helpful before I start and risk breaking anything.

How did you get on?

Like yourself I just want to change a marked piece.

Any info would be great.

You can't just remove those. You have to remove the entire door card. There's a couple of bolts, then really tough panel clips all around the bottom and sides. It hooks over the lip of the window orrifice, so it then lifts up and off.

They're held on from the inside with melted plastic studs, you'd have to cut them, then reattach somehow.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom