W204 OM624 C320CDI Fanbelt replacement advice

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vijilants

MB Enthusiast
Car
W205 C43 AMG
Can anyone please advise me on the following ...(preferably from someone that has actually done the job)

On my W204 C320 CDI OM642 engine I want to replace the fanbelt.

However looking in to the area of the belt, it is impossible to see the tensioner, as there appears to be a black plastic unit in the way. This unit has an aluminium pipe on top which goes back to the turbo.

It looks like the black plastic unit needs to be removed but the bolts holding it in are recessed and I cannot see if they are screws, bolts, or the size of whatever they are, as access is highly restricted.

Can anyone that has done this job please advise and also let me know the size of whatever is required to remove the bolts holding the unit in ?

There appears to be nothing on Youtube for this one !

Thanks

Remove alloy boost hose on top of engine, deep 10mm bolt and t20 torx
Remove fork type clamp remove hose (note green or black seals in pipe)

2x bolts e12/e14 torx socket (I think) hold the black unit covering the belt on, unclip rubber boost hose and remove black unit.

Note route of belt, 12 sided 17mm socket to detention the tensioner and move belt.

Remove alloy boost hose on top of engine, deep 10mm bolt and t20 torx
Remove fork type clamp remove hose (note green or black seals in pipe)

2x bolts e12/e14 torx socket (I think) hold the black unit covering the belt on, unclip rubber boost hose and remove black unit.

Note route of belt, 12 sided 17mm socket to detention the tensioner and move belt.

Great !!!!

Thank you !

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom