W204 - Remote lmmobilisation wiring

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dizzy

Car
Reliant Robin with a Mercedes badge.
Hi, i have purchased a tracker unit which features a remote cut-out facility. This is basically a relay which is wired inline into the fuel pump(?) circuit (using high amp cables) and operated by the tracker unit via a gsm signal (text). My question is:
Could any members advise on where in the loom this can be fitted on a diesel W204 c class? I'm not sure whether the fuel pump power comes from the front or rear sam nor indeed where the cable runs. Also, would fitting this into the loom have any affect on the canbus/ecu etc. and turn on the "check engine" light?

Any advice appreciated.. thank you.

If the fuel pump gets turned off whilst the engine is running, I suspect you'll end up with a check engine light.

HOWEVER, much worse is that you'll end up without your brake servo and probably without power assisted steering (unless it's electric on yours). Which on a motorway will be pretty bad news.

Cut a different circuit that will stop the car starting rather than running.

Fuel pump relay most likely fed by the engine management system. If you must do this, i'd cut the low current feed to the relay rather than the high current one after that

Cheers

Richard

Hi, thank you very much for your advice Richard. The main reason that I considered a fuel shut off is (as I'm sure you're aware) that it's possible for a diesel to continue to run with the ignition circuit disarmed. As for the dangers of disarming the fuel, I must admit that I do trust to Mercedes immobiliser (and the tracker) for security when the vehicle is parked but with car hijacking becoming more frequent I thought I could disable the vehicle before it got too far in the event it happened to me. Yes.. lol, I know I have a pessimistic outlook and these cases are still rare.. but I tend to have a belt and braces attitude to life :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom