W204 servicing intervals

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

lowdrag

Car
C200 CDi
Newish to the forums, but a long-term Merc owner starting with W123, R107, W124, W202 and now on to a S204 I bought a year old last August. Anyway, I object to the servicing interval being time and not mileage based. It was obviously serviced in June last year before being put on sale and I bought it in August with 10,000 on the clock. It now has 17,000 and it is telling me the service is due in 50 days. The 202 was 12,000 miles but adding a litre of oil made that nearer 15,000 and I don't see why it should be less with the newer model. Any way to reset this to get a more realistic service interval? Thanks in advance.

Service interval on the W/S204 is every 15.5k or every 12 months - whichever comes first.

It may be a good idea to stick with the service procedure the computer thinks is wright. At least by doing this the engine and computer stay happy and your service history will be complete and clean.

We had a W203 2005, bought used from MB with 10,000 miles. After driving the car for about 3,000 miles, the service light came up. We had no idea about the new Service Assist feature etc... So we did not get service done. Then after driving the car for another 3-4,000 miles the light came on again (this time 2 spanners were showing) and then we thought its worth getting the service done now.

Went off to trade in the car few months after and straight away the salesman reduced the value of the car because service history was incomplete.

A couple of years back MERCEDES changed their service policy to the 15.5 k or 12 month which ever comes first. I suspect this has more to do with revenue generation for the dealerships than anything else. However if you launch a "rushed- development" product on the market there may be many improvements- particularly to software that are required early in the life of a car which can only be implemented "on the fly" during a visit to the dealership. This might mean that with a 2 year service interval there might be a long queue of " new updates are available" to use a Windows analogy when the car is plugged into the dealership's Star machine for the first time? It's part of the unseen "small print in the contract" you sign up to when you buy a modern high tech German car. A bit like when you buy that bargain priced all singing all dancing Epsom printer--- till you see the price of the replacement cartridges!:rolleyes:

I've just done 16500 miles between services but within 12 months.

You must have really enjoyed those 16500 miles in a W204 V6 Gasoline! ;)

My average over the last 27000 miles is 27mpg, but on a run I get between 32-36 mpg which I'm not unhappy with :)

The photo below was taken on Monday :)

Last edited:

How did you find the time for all those miles when you spend so much time cleaning the black beauty? ;)

EVERY mile in a V6 petrol-powered W204 is enjoyable. :thumb:

My average over the last 27000 miles is 27mpg, but on a run I get between 32-36 mpg which I'm not unhappy with :)

The photo below was taken on Monday :)

Thats really impressive! My dad's E320 CDI V6 used to get 35 mpg on a run!

But leaving the mpg aside, a V6 gasoline! Really nice engine, especially in the Elegance set-up.

How did you find the time for all those miles when you spend so much time cleaning the black beauty? ;)

EVERY mile in a V6 petrol-powered W204 is enjoyable. :thumb:

Yeah I can only imagine! There's something special about 6 Cylinders in a C-Class, whether it be the 201, 202, 203 204... (IMHO Im not a fan of the 205) so thats why I didn't mention it :). But the W204 is a car I always admire...

Any way to reset this to get a more realistic service interval? Thanks in advance.
Whilst the car is still under its 3-year warranty, I wouldn't recommend messing around with the service intervals. You may save a few pounds on service costs but you risk losing thousands of pounds on repairs that wouldn't be carried out under an invalidated warranty.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom