w205 poor bass sound

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

c250blu

Car
merc
Hi,

I bought a new C class( 14 plate w205) about two months ago, used from the dealer. The car came with standard speakers but the sound quality is so poor in terms of bass, my Nissan primera had better bass sound than my new C class. There is a speaker on top of the front dash which dosen't work or there no speaker inside it?I was thinking of replacing the standard speakers with some after market ones, can anyone recommend me any please, and where can I get these fitted I live in London.

Thanks

If the speaker at the front of the dash is anything like mine, it will be the speaker for the Satnav id of thought. Have you tweaked the settings in the equaliser?

I had a w205 as a courtesy car and he guy couldn't believe how much nicer it sounded when I returned it, I tweaked it for ages before I went to work that day in it

Also, don't bother upgrading speakers, if you want more bass add an amp into the system.

bass is heavy in wife's W205 Burmeister system

I was shocked at the standard sound in my w205 coming from harman kardon in my previous c63 at first but I found on the equaliser if I turned the mid range option basically all the way off it then sounded fine to me - before that it was really tinny..happy with it now.

I dont think the Bass is that good, compared to that of a Bose system! At low volume with a Bose it sounds great, but in my Burmester its pretty flat and ordinary to me!

I dont think the Bass is that good, compared to that of a Bose system! At low volume with a Bose it sounds great, but in my Burmester its pretty flat and ordinary to me!

How long have you had the Burmester for? I found mine quite flat to begin with, but it's bedded in really well.

Sounds amazing now :thumb:

If you think the W205 is bad you need to hear the W204...awful, and without butchering in to all the wiring to add an aftermarket amp, there is not a lot you can do about it.

Harmon Kardon system to standard W205 system - AWFUL

This has just happened to me too. I've gone from a Harman kardon system in my 2013 C Class to a standard W205 system in my 2016 C Class.

I didn't think - I just thought all Mercs were HK, but they're not. The sound is absolutely horrendous and I can't stand listening to any music in the car.

What can I do?
I was thinking of getting the speakers changed - but I'm not even sure if this is an option. I don't really want a big sub or amp in the car.

Help :mad: This has seriously put me off this car and there's not much that I can do about it!

Talk to Alfie at comandonline.co.uk.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom