W205L Long Wheel Base

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

KillerHERTZ

Administrator
Staff member
Car
SL63 AMG
60mm Longer for the Chinese market.

851670484773209881.jpg

18042730882123769749.jpg

7345593361288777218.jpg

They do a lot of midsize cars like this in China.

Audi do an A4L and A6L

BMW do 5 series L

It was something I noticed last time I was in Shanghai.

Not sure what is the obsession with LWB small cars.. Yes they do have tax/cost challenges but for sure a C LWB does not sound right to me.. Even the E LWB is questionable

Theo

Believe it or not, even small saloons might be chauffeur driven in China, hence the demand for cars with decent rear legroom.

Smart For2L?

Cheers,

Gaz

April fools?

The Skoda Superb was rather successful?

Lets get this in perspective- 60mm is a couple of inches- not exactly a stretch limo then. Undoubtedly the extra wheelbase will give an improved ride- assuming the rear suspension is recalibrated [ and I do wonder whether they bothered :confused:] and an extra welcome bit of legroom for the rear passengers. If you assume the target market for the C class in the UK is the business user thrashing up and down the motorway single handed and in China the car may be carrying 2+ passengers as a limo or taxi perhaps makes a lot more sense. The VW Passat in the states has a longer wheel base and their HONDA Accord is an entirely bigger car than the European version ----altho I think that has more to do with a size of the average American than number of passengers envisioned.:dk:

Last edited:
60mm is very welcome. I can't sit a toddler in a car seat behind me in a C class but 60mm may make it just doable.

Regarding the better ride, in theory that's true, it should be better but in practise there is no perceivable difference between a W220 SWB and W220 LWB.

Lwb and a proper grille...why can't we have the Chinese versions of the cars!

The grill looks like it has had botox injections!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom