W207 cabriolet centre console trim removal?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Porteo

Car
2011 E220 cabriolet CDI 170
Anyone know how to remove the trim that goes around the roof control, cup holder and the audio control that's on the centre console. Mines coated with a plasti-dip type covering that's scratched and when I've tried to remove it all there's some pretty stubborn bits that won't come off at all. Here's a photo of the trim. The trim appears to pop off but there's no way it's going to come away without removing the roof control switch.

To get that trim out on the cabriolet you have to remove the roof switch first but that screws up from underneath so you have to remove the centre consul first

Cheers Gav, so to remove the console, I start with the 2 bolts that are under the rear air vents that loosen the console, but then what next?

Anyone?

Still can't work this out, anyone help?

Hi,

There is one more screw under the cup holder (under the rubber mat/trim at the bottom) and another under the gear lever trim (that also holds the front end of the Command unit).

You need to remove the trim surrounding the gear lever, but that is pretty simple, and I assume you can figure out how to do that.

The top half of the Centre console can then be lifted off (the clips are tight, and I used trim tools to avoid damaging anuthing).

The roof control unit has three (3) screws holding it to the console (from the bottom). There is a fourth screw in the middle, but I don't know why it's there.

Once you remove the roof control unit, there is another screw (under where the roof control unit was located, and also holds the rear of the Command control unit).

The trim panel you want to remove then simply clips out (pressing forward and up on in the trim at the front end of the trim).

You can buy the trim piece (which is what I did - it wasn't horribly expensive)

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Nico

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom