W208 clk430 brake part numbers

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 26392

Hi guys, I have just spoken with my mb dealer who has suggested the price fir new front discs is £160 but the front pads are £140! They have also quoted £50 fir two new air filters.

Can someone confirm what the part numbers are for all of these so I can see if I can source cheaper.

My dealer are usually brilliant but won't confirm the part numbers - just the price.

Scott

They won't confirm part numbers as you will obviously go elsewhere, buy Mann filters as there the same as Mercedes, then ate, brembo or Pagid for your brakes.

Why not try looking up the online catalogs for various brake manufacturers?

eg Brakebook | Textar Brake Technology; brakebook.com - Pagid

Both are part of TMD friction and each one lists pads and disks for a CLK430, including manufacturers part numbers as cross references.

This is how I have found pads and disks for my cars in the past, you can then Google the Textar/Pagid/MB numbers to find low cost suppliers.

I would expect other manufacturers e.g. ATE have their own online catalogues too.

I prefer Textar above Pagid, but their epad quality (needed for their much lower brake dust) are a bit more expensive. Certainly, my BMW's braked much better with Textar pads and disks.

TMD Friction make Textar, Pagid, Mintex, Don and Cobreq products, may be imaginary but I think the quality runs in the same order.

PS When I was looking earlier this year, I found some German and Danish? suppliers were offering complete axle sets (disks, pads fittings) cheaper than UK suppliers even after delivery costs.

Last edited:
Thanks guys, the above really helps. I'm keen to get the best and the price is secondary - but as a Scot, I like to find a bargain!

Thanks guys, the above really helps. I'm keen to get the best and the price is secondary - but as a Scot, I like to find a bargain!

Good approach, why waste money?

Yes your right. I think I will revert to the ones you have suggested above. Scott

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom