W208 help, stealership ripoff????

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Shell320

Car
CLK320, BMW328ci, 300SL
Hi everyone this site has been keeping me entertained during a slow period at work (I mean I havnt been doing any) for 2 days now, V interesting.

I have just purchassed a 2000 Clk320 and I am already becoming disillusioned with MB workmanship and customer 'care' if you can call it that.
I think they see you coming and assume your knowledge goes as far as telling the difference between the steering wheel and the accelerator pedal.
I have purchassed (for a cost) MB cd changer MB fibre optic and MB power harness. They are now telling me that fitting it is not a job anyone else can do (so give us more money and we will leave your car in the car park for 2 hours then fit it in the last 15 minutes) for this they want £300!
I think i can route the cables myself but do not know where the 3wires for power go.
The head unit is a becker BE3100 Audio 10 and the power harness is Part No. MA210 540 58 35, Changer is a MC 3010.
I have tried reading other similar threads but still not too sure.
Can anyone help or do I need to go back to MB with a shorter skirt!!!!:confused:

Thanks for that I have already printed it off with plans to look this weekend however it is connected to a command and mine is a lowly standard Audio 10 so the harness is different. All I have is three wires Two with metal connectors on the end which slot into the plug somewhere and the other is bare with a small part stripped. Starting to wish I never started...!!!???:crazy:

Typically I would expect the three wires to be a permenant +12v supply, a ground, and a +12v feed switched through the ignition.

I'm guessing the one with the bare end is the earth. What colour are the three wires?

Typically I would expect the three wires to be a permenant +12v supply, a ground, and a +12v feed switched through the ignition.

I'm guessing the one with the bare end is the earth. What colour are the three wires?

Actually, the 3 wires go to the 'C' connector on the back of the Audio-10. one is ground, one is +12 and one is the 'D2B Wakeup' signal that is used to wake up the optic fibre network when needed

I suspect the bare one is blue/black and is the wakeup signal, because all fibre optic device's wakeup lines connect together, normally in the sill wiring duct on drivers side, and from there go back to the C connector as one single cable.

Cheers
Richard

Thanks Richard that is what I thought but they keep trying to confuse me with words like crimping, splicing, bridging, etc.
Still no response from Braybrooks but will keep everyone informed of what they say whether they fit it or I do.
Woohoo nearly half way through the week.:bannana:

got the changer fitted in the end by Sextons. They were really good they did it there and then took 1.5 hrs and a cost of only £75.
Thanks for everyones help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom