W208 Total Closure option?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

B088IN

Car
W208 CLK 320 Avantgarde - Yamaha R6
Hi all,

On previous cars I have had the option of holding down either the open button on the fob and the windows opened or vica versa when holding the close button on the fob the windows all closed.

I have a facelift W208 CLK 320 Avantgarde with memory seats and power fold mirrors, sunroof, xenons etc, is this an option on the W208 models or is this something only available to newer cars?

Thanks

Point the fob at the IR sensor in the drivers door (within a foot or so ) and hold down the 'lock' button for a few seconds.

Should put all the windows up ..... does on mine.

Doesn't work on mine. I wonder if the feature needs activating?

Maybe because yours isn't a coupe ? Not sure if the cabrio had it ?

Maybe you need to re-sync the keys ?

In the handbook. :)

Let me refer to my pdf copy! :) (Now that my hardcopy has vansihed into the Barnardo's system!)

"To synchronize insert electronic key in steering lock." haha

By the way I have the coupe
Should this be active on these cars or was it an upgrade or option?

Should be active .... have tried it ?

Think you have to hold it for 5 seconds ... you have to be right near the handle IR though , and pointing it at it ...

I'll give it ago later, but this time closer. Is there any way of increasing the range?

Don't think so - it's Infra Red so is affected by strength of sunlight/daylight etc.

For full closure/opening on mine, I have to lock/unlock then repeat point the fob at the drivers door handle. Works pretty much all the time

Works on my cabrio (facelift). Should be standard

Point the fob at the IR sensor in the drivers door (within a foot or so ) and hold down the 'lock' button for a few seconds.

Should put all the windows up ..... does on mine.

Mine too. Also does it on both doors :thumb: (E-class only on drivers door)

what could be causing mine not to work? I'm starting to feel well and truly left out!

what could be causing mine not to work? I'm starting to feel well and truly left out!

On both my w210 and the 208, I always felt there was a 'knack' to this. Try a few times, moving the remote.

Last edited:
Hi,
I can make my 43 operate about 12-15m away from the car as long as I have direct line of sight to the door handle sensor.

It works from the passenger door but not the drivers! :( So I guess there must be a fault with the driver side IR sensor. The doors lock and unlock okay though! :confused:

Anyone come across this before?

I think this is the suspect part A2087600977

Can someone please confirm?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom