W208 Water In Footwell (not the usual)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Hawkwind

Car
CLK 320
Hi there,

The other day the interior blower would not shut off, did a search on the forum to see what the problem might be.

Checked for water in the footwell and sure enough, it was soaked.:crazy:

Now this surprised me, because I have read about this problem previously and before the onset of winter I made damn sure my drainage channels were clear and spotless.

Re-checked them and the channels are still clear :wallbash:

So I was wondering, is there anywhere else that will leak water into the front passenger footwell?

I'd like to find the problem, 'cos I've just had to replace the blower resistor and I don't fancy doing it again.

Thanks in advance for any help :thumb:

When seals go on the hevac system, these normally leak into passenger footwell, as that's where all of the pipes feed through. It's usual to have a dye in the water, so if you use some white kitchen towel you'll see a light blue or orange/red hue to the water.

cheers, Steve

Cheers for the answer Steve.

Fortunately the water was clear, it has been raining very heavily, most likely rainwater I think.

I'll have to give drains a good poke with a rod.

Cheers for the answer Steve.

Fortunately the water was clear, it has been raining very heavily, most likely rainwater I think.

I'll have to give drains a good poke with a rod.

Gas welding rod is what I use to keep mine clear

I used a cable threading tool, bendy like a fishing rod :cool:

Thanks for the help and suggestions, went out today and poured water down the windscreen drain to check it was not blocked, came out without any problems.

I'm wondering if the water in the footwell was there from before I cleaned the drains out. I didn't realise how deep the cavities below the carpet were until I removed it completely, that water could have been there for years!

Just lucky for me, it's been good carpet drying weather :bannana:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom