W209 03 facelift centre console upgrade

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

clk320-

Car
CLK320 2003
Hi guys,
I'm new to this forum I have searched around and found some guides on this but nothing specific to what I want to do, hope someone can help

I have a 2003 clk with the command system (with sat nav etc)

I have bought a climate control and top buttons (heated seats esp etc) unit from a 2006 clk therefore facelift. I understand these are plug and play

I have seen some guides where the glovebox etc has to be removed to retrofit the new comaand as the old radio cage must be removed, I wonder if I were to go with an aftermarket double din with adapter surely the old radio cage could stay? And hence a lot of work removed

I would just need to remove climate control, the top button section, and the plastic trim surrounding the climate control, buttons and radio? As it would get in the way of the new facelift shape? Wouldn't this be much easier?

Many thanks I am eagerly waiting
For your responses

Hi Killerhertz you are just the person. I wanted to talk to!!!
Your thread inspired me to get my CLK I got an 03 aswell but it's starting to rust on the inner rear wheel arches! Need to get them done soon

Anyway, I just wonder you had to remove the glove box etc?
I wonder if I just wanted to change the buttons (esp seat heaters etc) and climate control could I then do this without removing all of the glovebox etc etc.
And then refit the command for the time being and fill the gap on each side of the command by cutting the surround that I would need to remove to fit new climate control and buttons and put the cut pieces in the gap?
The. Interior wrap the whole area to hide the cut line? I hope you can understand what I'm proposing because it's really hard to explain whilst writing it out!
Thanks so much

Sorry Karl, also just wanted to ask
I am able to buy the Buttons set, and climate control from a 2006 clk for £70. Is this all I will need? If I am going to upgrade my command 20 to an aftermarket double din unit with the relevant adapt or/ fascia? I understand I will have a gap on the left and right side of the aftermarket double din because I won't change the radio cage? Can I just cut the old pre-facelift fascia and slot it into here and wrap the entire assembly? Thnaks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom