W209 CLK 240 Remap

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

sebywarlord

Car
clk 230k
Hello,i recently bought a clk240 but i am pretty dissapointed in its power since my old car is a w208 2.3 kompressor,so i would like to at least remap it so i can squeeze a little more power into it.

Well i found this chip online,has anybody dealt with them before? is it worth it ?They claim they can get a 30% power and torque boost,which is doubtful.

https://www.racechip.co.uk/shop/mer...o-2010/clk-240-2597ccm-170hp-125kw-240nm.html

Thanks for your response.

Link shows no chip available for your car but they suggest a throttle modifying box. Basically changes the throttle potentiometer response. Fools the driver into thinking the car is more responsive.
Waste of money.

For a normally aspirated petrol engine any remap is going to give minimal increases without some mechanical mods

@whitenemesis
Thanks for your response.
What advice would you give me so i could boost some power into it ?
I have no knowledge about mechanics.

Personally I would change the car, would probably be cheaper than trying to squeeze more out of the 240

@whitenemesis

Well i just bought it yesterday,so i will keep it for some time,i would have gone for the 320 but being 23 years old the insurance would dry my wallet.

Thanks for the straight answer.

As said by Whitenemesis, you are unlikely to get any significant power gains from a normally aspirated engine without spending a great deal of money on changing cams, modifying inlet manifolds, exhausts etc.

Unfortunately you have chosen a very smooth but not overly powerful engine, the 240 (really a 2.6l) puts out around 170hp and relatively low torque at relatively high engine speeds. Your previous car would have had significantly greater torque.

Either learn to live with the sedate performance or change it for a car with a more powerful engine, the 320 has around 50hp more and significantly greater torque spread over a wider engine speed and will probably have comparable fuel consumption.

I doubt that the insurance for the 320 would be a deal breaker.

Do not forget, if you modify it then you must tell your insurance company and that may well increase your premiums by a greater margin.

Last edited:
And once you told them, they most likely will refuse a modified car for a 23 year old, so beware....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom