W209 Clk command question

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

KARIM1

Car
w209 CLK 320 CDI Sport - W209 CLK 240 Cobertible Avantgadre
hi i have a 2008 CLK with command, and i would like to add my old setup from my W208 ( sub and amp not the headunit) to this car as im being driven mad by my dad who i have given the W208 to (and he got it forfree youd think he wont mind me keeping the sub in there for a bit although its a 15" nd doesnt leave any room for shoping)

anyway i would like to ask this, i dont know what type of sound system it has, i can see no badges on the speakers (iv read theres usually a badge on one of the speakers somewhere) and i have no logic setting in command !?!?

do i have command with a standard audio system i.e i can tap in to the rear speaker cables ? (if there are any as i havent sat in the back but i dont think i can hear much haning back there hance i want to put the sub in)

im a bit baffled as from what i have read Command is a MOST system (due to it being a facelift) so i should have a sub somewhere thats driven by a amp which i can tap in to ?

Im really stuck and wouldnt bother you guys with trivial stuff but any help is much appreciated !!!

HI RMS, thanks for the reply, i think i cant PM yet as my post count is so low :(

but hopefully he may see my post and help me out :)

google comand uk, they have a site and are forum members

had good advice on here from them and good work done by braybrooks also, would be happy to seek advice or use either

Yes there will normally be badges, or check your cars datacard to see if it has the optional sound upgrade.

hi i have a 2008 CLK with command, and i would like to add my old setup from my W208 ( sub and amp not the headunit) to this car as im being driven mad by my dad who i have given the W208 to (and he got it forfree youd think he wont mind me keeping the sub in there for a bit although its a 15" nd doesnt leave any room for shoping)

anyway i would like to ask this, i dont know what type of sound system it has, i can see no badges on the speakers (iv read theres usually a badge on one of the speakers somewhere) and i have no logic setting in command !?!?

do i have command with a standard audio system i.e i can tap in to the rear speaker cables ? (if there are any as i havent sat in the back but i dont think i can hear much haning back there hance i want to put the sub in)

im a bit baffled as from what i have read Command is a MOST system (due to it being a facelift) so i should have a sub somewhere thats driven by a amp which i can tap in to ?

Im really stuck and wouldnt bother you guys with trivial stuff but any help is much appreciated !!!

Im afraid none of the parts from the W208 will work in the W209 (2008).

The W209 is a facelifted CLK and is MOST. The W208 is D2B.
The comand in the W209 will be comand APS NTG2.
If you dont have any Hk badges or a Logic 7 setting in the sound options then you do not have the sound upgrade.

You can add an amp and upgraded speakers/sub as most amps these days take speaker level inputs.

Thanks Alfie,

I should have been a bit clearer, in my old clk i have a standard pioneer headunit/screen, but in the boot i have a kicker 15" sub and Amp, i understand that the system on the 209's are MOST, but as i dont have a upgrade package (or at least dont think i have i dont know how to work out what is what from the data sheet)

if i do indeed have a standard audio package, will there be a speaker on the rear shelf i could tap in to for the input to the aftermarket amp ?

i dont want to start striping out the boot looking for something that may not even be there lol

also with the standard package how meny speakers are there ? and where are they placed ?

thanks again for all the help !

Last edited:
Ok sorry for the double post but i cant see the edit button anymore :/

anyway, after work today i put the fader on the sterio to rear and had a poke around in the boot and around the shelf, but it seems to me that there are NO speakers on my rear shelf ????? is this possible ????

and if so would there be any wiring i can tap in to at the back (speaker wiring for rear speakers if they were specd like the phone prewiring)

and if not, any ideas how i can get input for the AMP other then getting feed from one of the door speakers ? which to me will just be a pain in the A*** as im areeady not too chuffed that the battery is in the bonnet rather then in the boot like the old w208 :(

thanks for you help !

Last edited:
You can take the feed from the quadlock on the back of the headunit.

If you want you can also use a device like the MTX REQ and then a rca cable to the boot or to wherever you plan to put the amp. IMO this is a better option as the factory headunits dont provide a full range output, the signal is equalised and flat.

I have a REQ unit I will be listing in the classifieds.

Last edited:
Standard spec will be six speakers. Tweeter and midrange in the front of the door and another mid range at the rear of the door.

I would take the feeds from the quadlock exactly as Npuk says.

Ok you guys are giving me hope, last night i was considering just staying with th stock sound !!! -_-

ok so i can take audio from the quadlock, so im geusing this is not MOST ? (sorry still trying to work this all out)

doeas anyone have a wiring diagram for the quadlock by any chance ? also the MTX req, i will take from the quadlock to the MTX req and then from there rca to the amp ? if so then great im back on track to having a decent bit of bass in the car !!!

npuk, yup id be more then interested in purchasing the MTX req you have, as long as i can use it !! haha thanks again lads !!!

MOST is the fibre optic network Mercedes use but it is totally irrelevant in this case. Your speakers are connected directly to your headunit, the speaker wires are in the quadlock connection that plugs into the back of the headunit.

If you go down the MTX REQ route the connections are made to the wires coming out the quadlock connector. Then you can run a rca cable to the amp.

Connection diagram for the MTX REQ is on their website: re-Q - Take control of your factory stereo!

I will list it in the classifieds sometime today. I also have a quadlock extension loom so the cars original loom can be left intact.

hi npuk emil sent over, but im buying on your advice!! (athough i have read up on the MTX req) but this adaptor will fit my loom yes ?

thanks so much for you help M8!!!

Yes your car has quadlock so it is the correct loom. You dont have to use it, but using it means you dont need to cut / solder wires onto the car's original loom.

yuh i understand its like a extension tot he original so i can cut in to it, ok im good to go with what you have i think you may have my email by now so let me know :)
cheers ..... oh and i will post pics of ma work ;)

Replied to your email at 6.25pm.

Hi npuk, so sorry i signed up to this site with a very old email and didnt realise to check it untill now i have just replied.

cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom