W209 CLK320 oil filer tool?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

TotoW208CLK320

Car
w209 CLK320
Need to give the other half's CLK an oil change soon but don't have a mb oil filter cap socket, what am I googling for?/partnumber maybe?

Any help much appreciated :)

Sent from my P6000 Pro using Tapatalk

Think you may be able to get one at most motor factors or Halfrauds

You'll need to know the size. The large ones are I think 74mm. On my M271 engine it's much smaller at something like 27 mm so I can use one from a standard socket set. I wonder why MB's vary on this. Being able to use standard sockets seems sensible.

Righto I'll get the tape measure out when we get home (away at her folks currently in my car)

Why don't you just get the belt tool? It works a treat and costs just a couple of bucks.

Got one, it wouldn't budge however, whoever did last change was over zealous with the ratchet me thinks!

Got one, it wouldn't budge however, whoever did last change was over zealous with the ratchet me thinks!

Another reason for doing it yourself, although it's took me 40 years to learn just how low a torque level is needed for a spin on filter. I'm sure the rubber must be formulated to swell on contact with oil.

MB filter housing with O ring seals need very little torque to seal so there is no reason or excuse to over tighten them.

MB filter housing with O ring seals need very little torque to seal so there is no reason or excuse to over tighten them.

True, but be sure that gap between the cap and housing surely goes zero. When I first time changed oil in my W210, I believed torque setting reading in top of the cap, and result was well oiled engine bay...

I have feeling lenght of top o-rings are slightly different between filter manufacturers...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom