w209 clk500 conversion to clk55

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

astamir

MB Enthusiast
Car
w208 silver clk55
Hi guys!
Friend of mine has a clk500 that he wants to convert to clk55 if it's not a big job to do, I mean if it's only an engine swap and few other bits.
He wanted to know what exactly he would need to swap if anyone from here ever done it or any tips and advice from the experts here would be very much appreciated.
Thanks

Engine
Speedo
Seats?
Suspension
Diff
Brakes
Bodykit
Exhaust
ECU

at a guess they would need to change at least those things... Be better off buying a 55!!

Engine
Speedo
Seats?
Suspension
Diff
Brakes
Bodykit
Exhaust
ECU

at a guess they would need to change at least those things... Be better off buying a 55!!

Thanks for the reply mate
He says the suspension, brakes and body kit are the same on clk500.
And someone told him he would need if he can get, engine,ecu, TCU, diff,speedo,interior and the exhaust.
IMO the exhaust is the same on clk500 as on 55.
Cheers

The brakes will definitely be different, more than likely so will the exhaust and unless he's got an AMG kitted 500 then it is different to the "standard" 500.

For what it costs, he be thousands better off just buying a CLK 55, they aren't that much more than a good 500.

The brakes will definitely be different, more than likely so will the exhaust and unless he's got an AMG kitted 500 then it is different to the "standard" 500.

For what it costs, he be thousands better off just buying a CLK 55, they aren't that much more than a good 500.

The brakes are same 4pot brembo with Mercedes sign on 500 and just amg sign on 55 and the difference only in signs.
The exhaust on his 04 500 is the same as on 55 I'm not sure but the diff might be the same as well but detailed opinion of the experts would be helpful.
The gearbox I guess might be the same as well but it's only a guess at the moment.

Just engine swop plus some other bits and bobs, much like a c43/55 swop really.

There is no point though unless the 500 is mint low mileage amd top spec ie a keeper.

Just engine swop plus some other bits and bobs, much like a c43/55 swop really.

There is no point though unless the 500 is mint low mileage amd top spec ie a keeper.

Do you know exactly what bits and bobs please
And any ecu coding or something like that?
Cheers

Does anyone knows what needs to be done for the conversion please?
Is it a straight engine swap or some coding needed?
Thanks

Hey buddy I'd just use the engine you have and carryout the necessary body changes.
You'll get more or less the same performance tweaking that engine along with suspension and other upgrades.
Otherwise sell it and buy a 55 there very reasonably priced under 10k.

Yep - sell it and buy the right car

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom