W209 - ipod connectivity question...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jacksona

Car
2014 SL 350 AMG Sport, Cavansite Blue, Porcelain Leather
Hi All,

Quick question, please. I'm about to take delivery of a 2006 CLK 220 CDi, which has a single disc CD/radio, with phone prep & Bluetooth. It's the unit with the shiny fascia (sorry - no idea what model it is!).

Can someone please point me at the specs for this unit, please?

Also, what's the best method of connecting an iPod, ideally so that I can control it from the head unit/steering wheel controls?

Thanks,
AJ.

2006 CLK will be a facelift model, I think it's an Audio 20 unit. If it has an auxiliary mini jack socket in the glove box then an ipod connection kit may be available. Check Comand online out for this

If it helps, it's this unit...

image-2007532891.jpg

Thanks!

AJ.

npuk said:
Audio 20 supports aux input. If it is not in the glovebox it can be easily added. Or you can add the official mercedes ipod kit or the mCar interface.

C (last model), CLC & CLK class (W203/W209) | Mercedes iPod solutions | Mercedes Retrofits | Comand Online Ltd

If you do go this route it is also worth getting the iPod in line amp as the volume level can be a little different between iPod and radio - fine until that first traffic announcement blows your ears off! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom