W209 seat belt presenter

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

x332race

MB Enthusiast
Has anyone had any problems with seat belt presenters in W209 CLKs.....

On the way home last night the motor in the one on the drivers side started cycling whilst driving.....carried on after engine was switched off and again when restarted....this morning it has ceased to work...I am thinking either motor has burnt out or fuse?

Anyway, there seems to be a more fundamental underlying problem..any ideas?

Does anyone have any idea of what might be wrong.....drivers side seat belt presenter on CLK has stopped working....passenger side works ok.

Does not seem to be a separate fuse for the presenters according to the list in the car.

You got me there... on my car the extender sometimes randomly extends then retracts.

So, I reckon there could be something iffy with the limit switch on your extender, might just need a clean :dk:

These cars do suffer with the seat belt extenders burning out. It could be caused by the micro switch not knowing where it is positioned so just kept cycling and then burnt out.

A quick star test will be able to shed some light on the situation.

They are quite a big job as in involves removing the back seat etc to gain access to it

Nice, Willow 132,

I'm sure (and I have yet to retrieve it) there is a post on here somewhere that relates to stripping out the rear quarter panel, I think it was by pos.k, if that helps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom