W210 Brilliant Silver colour coded door handles

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PaulE230

I still want to retain the chrome part of the door handle but I want to buy the bottom part in Brilliant silver

I know this is possible as I have searched many threads on here about it

Problem is I cant seem to work out the 4 correct part numbers and the dealer wont help. If I cant get the part numbers I might end up painting them my self

There are allot of part numbers so it is easy to get them wrong. The chrome strip on the top quarter of the handle was available on the Elegance/Avantgarde W210 facelift models and the ones without the top chrome strip where available only for the Classic W210 facelift models. If you post your paint code and name someone should happily be able to help further.

There are allot of part numbers so it is easy to get them wrong. The chrome strip on the top quarter of the handle was available on the Elegance/Avantgarde W210 facelift models and the ones without the top chrome strip where available only for the Classic W210 facelift models. If you post your paint code and name someone should happily be able to help further.

According to this my paint code is 744 (Brilliant Silver)

http://www.landiss.com/paintcodes.htm

Thanks Gurpz

I think I have cracked it for your car with the help of Shude's thread:

A 208 760 01 70 9744 : front right door handle : £23.64
A 208 760 02 70 9744 : front left door handle : £23.64
A 210 760 14 70 9744 : rear right door handle : £?? probably the same as above
A 210 766 02 56 9744 : rear right covering : £8.43
A 210 760 13 70 9744 : rear left door handle : £??
A 210 766 01 56 9744 : rear left covering : £8.43

Extra note taken from thread:
You may have noticed that the front end pieces have been missed off. This is because they have an IR module, lock or flashing LED component in them (depending on year) and it's not worthwhile ordering them (very expensive and lock parts will most probably not be shipped unless they match your VIN). You will need to get the front end pieces painted by a bodyshop, I was quoted £25 to have both done. That comes to only £100 for the whole job!
smile.gif

Also you may want to confirm these part numbers that they all are correct and are for a facelift Elegance models only

Those codes (for the front door) are wrong mate

Eg HERE

I have one Elegance handle (rear) with the chrome strip - PM if intrested

Oops sorry about that I was only going accordingly to Shude's original thread

Gurpz thats the problem I have been having I just cant get the part numbers right. Therefore putting off this mod for ages

I think I might end up painting them I wonder where I can get Brilliant silver paint from ? I guess halfords do it .

Id avoid spraying your handles, they need to be one of the most hard wearing parts of the car.

I did my old W202, within 1 month clips started appearing. As the Car was Azurite blue, and the orignal colour of the handles was black they werent very noticable. The same cant be said for sliver on black!

Ps, they are a knightmare to spray due to the shape.

Looks like I will be sticking with the black ones then

Boooooo

But it's ok to spray the front end pieces in the car colour? as this isnt really used as such?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom