W210 e320 cdi deisel leak

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

M.A.94

Car
2001 Mercedes E320 CDI (W210) OM613
So my car has had a strong fuel smell coming the past day or two. Today I took the engine cover off and it I've found the leak however not sure what the leaking part is called and it's purpose. Any advice is appreciated thank you

IMG-20170825-_WA0019.jpg

IMG-20170825-_WA0020.jpg

Have you taken that out and put it on top of the engine for the pics? Is it originating from where the white line is?

Not sure what it's for, but my guess is that if the fuel lines are old, they have become brittle and maybe fractured and started leaking. Common problem. I have just replaced all of them on mine. Surprisingly, Mercedes had that one in stock!

Sent from my SM-T365 using Tapatalk

It's a valve , no. 49

A6110780349

image.aspx@prev=s&imagename=B07120000067.1602

Thank you the part number is a big help, I'm going to pop into Mercedes on Tuesday and order the part. I reckon they wont have it in stock so probably wont get it replaced by Thursday'ish

I hope you can get it, EPC says no longer available

My 220 CDI suffers exactly the same fault, not yet repaired. MA94, I ask you if you have repaired it by means of the simple change of the valve. Thank you very much.

I've heard that valve is hardly ever used.

If you look at Bob's EPC diagram, you can see that it Ts into the line that transfers fuel from the low pressure pump to the high pressure pump.

It could be eliminated easily with some home modification.

Had the valve and pipe changed out. However now the car does not want to start it cranks but doesent start. Any ideas. I've attempted to bleed air out by cracking the injectors still no luck

Triple check you put hoses on right order to hp-pump. MOST COMMON reason lol...

If right, Is there air bubbles running in clear pipes? Still leak somewhere...

If no, check that CPS connector plug is intact, all injector plugs are tight, shut valve (if you have one) wiring is good.

If system is not in 100% condition it can requires minutes of starting anyway...

Yes they can be a PAIN to start. Not unusual for the battery to get flattened in the process

Does this mean I keep starting the car until it fires up. Will this not eventually kill the starter.

A really very brief 'sniff' of 'easy start' into the air filter (very volatile ether) is the way to do it, saving the battery.

Don't over-egg it with a 'big one', i.e. a more than 2 seconds squirt.... or you might bend a rod...

It seems as though the fuel pump is the culprit here. If fuel is forced using air the car starts however no start without. Any ideas

Not been on the forum since this issue, had the car looked at by my local indy. Turned out the hoses going to the HP pump were installed incorrectly as mersum1es suggested, so thank you for the suggestion. It was my fault all along :mad:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom