W210 E55 AMG passenger airbag disabled

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fishmk1

Car
E55 AMG (W210) '98
Hi guys!

New to the forum and MB ownership, first post! I am now the very proud owner of an S-reg W210 E55 AMG. Got a problem with the airbag though, when I go to start it up, the 'airbag disabled' light on the centre console is already lit and whenever anybody sits in the passenger seat I get a red SRS warning light on the dash. I'm assuming it thinks there's a baby seat installed, the manual tells you how to turn the airbag off but not how to turn it back on again.

Can anyone help?

Thanks in advance

Trevor

Would it not be the reverse proceedure? I'm guessing it was deactivated by the chip in the child seat.

Last edited:
No you have a faulty child seat recognition sensor...

You can either replace it which will cost you around £200 or you can buy an emulator off ebay which will mean in the event of a crash the airbag will always deploy whether or not there is anyone in the seat.

You can either replace it which will cost you around £200 or you can buy an emulator off ebay which will mean in the event of a crash the airbag will always deploy whether or not there is anyone in the seat.

Or code the car for child seat sensor not present. I would recommend the £200 option, or the equivalent if the new part can be found cheaper.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom