W210 E55 woes - help!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

500E

MB Enthusiast
Car
1994 E500 Limited / 2008 C63 AMG
Hello all - I was wondering whether there are any members familiar with the M113 5.4L?

I am having two issues:

1) Air conditioning is making a groaning noise when switched on - AC compressor was replaced 3 months ago (DENSO part) and has been quite since but for the last week it is very noisy. AC blows ice cold and is fine for the 45c Dubai heat. However, it is very noisy and annoying. Three people have had a look - one says the compressor needs changing, other says the AC pipe needs replacing the last said the AC pipe needs cleaning out...

2) Misfire on idle. I wasn't happy with the Bosch plugs so I had MB original plugs fitted. Now the car is suffering from a misfire - any ideas? All plugs removed and re-seated back in. No codes on STAR. Perhaps the ignition cables need changing / could have been damaged during removal/refitting? Idle was fine before changing the plugs.

Appreciate help in restoring faith in my E55 AMG as I am losing hope recently and thinking of trading it in for something newer.

Mileage is 65,000 and it's a 2001.

Cheers

Bill

If the AC compressor is only 3 months old , isn't it under warranty ? I'd go back to whoever fitted it .... If the system is emptied to change compressor , perhaps as well to change this pipe at the same time - unless stupidly expensive ?

Re plugs , although I don't have that engine , I've found many MB cars sensitive to which plugs are fitted , particularly to correct temp range plugs , and have done well with Bosch , Beru and NGK in different cars .

On a newer car like yours I'd expect fault codes if anything seriously wrong .

If the AC compressor is only 3 months old , isn't it under warranty ? I'd go back to whoever fitted it .... If the system is emptied to change compressor , perhaps as well to change this pipe at the same time - unless stupidly expensive ?

Re plugs , although I don't have that engine , I've found many MB cars sensitive to which plugs are fitted , particularly to correct temp range plugs , and have done well with Bosch , Beru and NGK in different cars .

On a newer car like yours I'd expect fault codes if anything seriously wrong .
Unfortunately there is no warranty with the compressor. It seems only rhe Chinese brands here in Dubai carry a 6 month warranty!

I am wondering whether anyone has actually experienced issues with the pipe itself. I have been told it is around £300 for the part itself so I do not want to replace it if not necessary.

I would have thought MB original spark plugs NGK would be fine tbh, never had an issue with them in the past - I suppose ignition cables may need replacing?

Unfortunately there is no warranty with the compressor. It seems only rhe Chinese brands here in Dubai carry a 6 month warranty!

I am wondering whether anyone has actually experienced issues with the pipe itself. I have been told it is around £300 for the part itself so I do not want to replace it if not necessary.

I would have thought MB original spark plugs NGK would be fine tbh, never had an issue with them in the past - I suppose ignition cables may need replacing?

Could be cables or coil packs.

I suppose ignition cables may need replacing?

I had a misfire on one of my C43's. STAR threw out a Lambda Sensor fault but it turned out to be a couple of dodgy leads and a failing coil pack.

All found out buy a problem-solving mechanic and a multi meter.

100% leads, they break down due to heat as they sit directly above the manifolds.

Regarding the AC, I'd imagine a faulty compressor or swarf in the system causing it to potentially fail again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom