W210 electric mirror issue

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Hatton955

Car
E55 amg
Good evening all.......looking for some help please
I have a 99 E55 AMG with the following problem:
Once put into reverse the mirror will not dip to show the kerb. I have tried the rest procedure following the owners manual and from various Internet forums etc. Nothing happens it just won't remember.
I also have memory seats and the mirrors will not change when when any of the memory buttons are pushed. The steering wheel and seats alter as per the memory.
The drivers mirror is also auto dimming and this works fine, the near side is non dimming and from research this seems correct.
Both mirrors adjust, however the near side adjust up and down the wrong way.....down is up and vice versa (off side perfect). I have checked the wiring both ends and as they are plug and play the are plugged in correctly. I have no idea why this is the case so I'm at a loss.

If anyone can shed some light or any suggestions I would be very grateful

Many thanks

Ian

Hi,
I suppose you are leaving the passenger side mirror selected on the adjuster switch when you select reverse? sorry if I am teaching you to suck eggs.
Regarding the door mirror, is the up/down, in/out adjustment been like it since you have had the car? If so you can change it, I had this on my 202 (same mirrors as a 210), you need to swap the polarity of the mirror adjustment motor, the easiest place to do this is the mirror plug where it plugs into the car. If you remove the glass and sight the wiring plug into the mirror adjustment motor, their are three cables in it, trace the two outside ones to the main mirror plug and swap the pins over in the plug.

Hi Andy
Many thanks for the reply.....I should have mentioned I did have the switch on the correct side....but thank you for suggesting it.
I'll have a look at the wiring as you suggest.....much appreciated
Cheers

Hi Guys
Anyone help??

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom