W210 estate 2002 e430 parktronic location

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

punkieys17

Hi,

I am tring to find the PTS or Parktronic control module (designated the N82 by Mercedes WIS) in an e420 W210 2002 estate.

I need to find this to check the signals arriving at the box as my front parking display is not working.

Using a carsoft scanner I can see the front sensors and they are all working and reporting corectly.

I can see the power to the front display (mounted in the small trim strip in the middle of the dashboard above the centre console) and there is data on the bus.

However I suspect the system is not correctly receiving data on the speed of the car (which is picked up by one of the front abs sensors).

The easiest way of checking this is to find the box and check the line - but i cannoty find it anywhere.

So far I have checked in and below the main fuse box under the bonnet right hand side, peered under the glove box area - but its pretty full with the heater/cooler and under the bench seat in the rear of the estate.

Can someone give me the corrcet location please - and how to get to it if its particularly awkward,

Julian

To answer my own question so it can help others. If the system was fitted post factory it's behind the trim on the left rear door post - behind the rear passenger door on a right hand drive car

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom