W210 foglights

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mercedesstar

Car
S320Cdi
Hi all
I attempted to fix my foglights on my `99 E320 CDI today till the rain put a stop to it. I have bought a replacement foglight for the drivers side front, which I fitted. I turned the lights on and tried the front foglights, but they were not working. I had a look at the rear foglights and only the drivers side was working. I replaced the bulb in the left hand side but still nothing. I tried to switch the 2 light bulb fittings around and the left side fitting was working on the right hand side but the right hand side fitting was not working on the left side. So must be something else. I didn`t get a chance to check the fuses before the rain set in, but certainly for the rear fogs it must be something else since the right hand side is working ok. If the fuse for the front fogs is ok, has anybody got any suggestions as how to remedy the problem?
Thankyou in advance
Martin

eicheck fuses to lights .. not sure if which fuse box either in the left hand side of boot or right hand side of bonnet or check the wire going to the fog light as the wiring aint the best ..my wires were split on my fog lights..had to clean with electrical contact spray and tape them up again. check the socket of the light for dirt and grime give it a clean with ecs if required that should do the trick.

Your car, although fitted with rear fog lights on both sides, is only coded (as is common) to operate the offside.

My fronts have never worked, so can't help there.

Last edited:
As said, only the offside rear works, the front failure is likely to be the connector onto the back of the lamp unit has corrosion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom