1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest, Official Club stickers are now available, if you have not already ordered some go grab them now! To order click this Link ----> CLICK ME Go get them whilst stocks last! To dismiss this notice click the cross to the right of this message.

W210 lost keys

Discussion in 'Electronics' started by billysollocks, Jan 7, 2017.

1. billysollocks

billysollocks New Member

Car:
    190d/190e
    Hi guys,I have owned over 20 mercs over the last 22 years but as they are getting a little harder to work on(electronics)hence why I'm here to seek help!
    I have 3 190s(2x190e 1x190d) and have just bought a 1996 E300td from a salvage auction to give up its engine to put in one of the petrols,HOWEVER it has no keys!
    The first thing I will do is apply for the v5 and contact the original owner to see if they have them but I fear they will of been given to recovery agent or insurance company and have disappeared.
    Is there any way I can bypass the ignition to start it and test it before putting any more labour and money into it?

2. alabbasi

alabbasi Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Those cars should still have a mechanical injection pump and fuel pump right? If so, then you should be able to jump the starter and get it running. The kid that does some work for me on the side is big into 603 and 606 diesels, he would get them running on a crate sitting on the back of my pickup truck.

3. a111r

a111r Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    S123 240TD, S210 320cdi.
    Is it a 124 or a 210?

4. OP
    OP
    billysollocks

billysollocks New Member

Car:
    190d/190e
    Sorry,it's a w210 turbo diesel.I don't collect it until Tuesday.

5. OP
    OP
    billysollocks

billysollocks New Member

Car:
    190d/190e
    I automatically assumed chipped key electric pump?

Tags: