W210 Odd noise when turning right

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Daleaholic

Car
Mercedes W210 E220 CDI
I wonder if anyone can help me pinpoint where a noise is coming from...:doh:

When driving and I turn even slightly to the right (even at low speeds), I get a noise... Now, don't laugh but the best way I can explain it is "Awubwubwubwub" from the rear of the car. Not very very loud but loud enough so that it makes you wonder what's going on.

Mercedes E Class '2000 (Facelift)

Anyone had the same noise? :dk:

What tyres are fitted on your car? Bet they are run flats :confused:

My car has continentals run flats and they make all kinds of strange noises.
Especially when tyres are cold, once I been driving 10mins they seem ok but when cold turning full lock it makes laud klunky sounds
:thumb:

I don't believe it to be the tyres as I had the noise when running 235/40/18 Uniroyal Rainsport 3... Now I've got 215/55/16 Falken ZE914 on and the same noise is there, albeit more noticeable.

Having driven this week listening carefully for the noise... If the car is going to the left, for example moving over on the motorway or on a long left hand sweep on the motorway, the noise goes away. However if it's going right in the same situations, the noise is very apparent and I've actually experienced some vibration along with it. I've checked the wheel arch liner and it isn't loose from what I can see. Could this be wheel bearings? Or something to do with the steering rack? Engine mounts? It's odd because the noise sounds like it's coming from the rear.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom