W210 Passenger Door " sticking"

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tjamesbo

Car
CLK430 ,Vito V6 sport ,Jaguar 2.5 X type ,W124's 1993 220TE , 1994 320TE ,Mastercraft X5
My LH passengerDoor has been gradually getting stickier over the last several months but has now got to the stage where everyone opening it thinks its locked so Time to investigate and fix
Locking system works fine knob goes up and down and the stickiness doesnt appear to be connected to the central locking which works
The Outside Handle does not stick it pulls out easily then the door has to be given a good yanking to open . There appears to be more wear on the top of the frame plate than on the drivers side (opposite to what you'd expect )
I changed the Door stay for a new MB one 2-3 mths ago .
Any suggestions welcome going to pop the doorcard off today and have a look
Update ......... Door does not look like its dropped or distorted all lines to body match up and I've just had another play and if you hold the handle pulled out and open, and open and shut the door ( ie not allowing it to latch ) there is no obstruction or foul it appears that the part sticking is the part that the handle unlatches from the plate ie the latch part
Thanks
Boyd

Car in picture is a W202, yours might be similar.

Dec

adjust.jpg

Loosen the door catcher bolts pull it out a bit and tighten the bolts and see how it goes

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom