w210 w/ FMBSH - will they repair corrison?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Lenny63

MB Enthusiast
Car
CLS 55 AMG | S211 E280 Cdi Sport
Hi All

As title states, if a car has been maintained throughout its life by MB themselves and has a fully documented history, will they honor the 30 year corrosion warranty?

Are there any T&C's to this (like mileage)

car is 2001 with 260k on it :bannana:

Short answer = Yes.

Likely answer = Prepare for for more get out attempts than Alcatraz on a guards night off.

Sent from my iPhone using MBClub UK

LOL Bruce

I've read about an annual paintwork inspection and without this being done that's how they wriggle out ??

will they honor the 30 year corrosion warranty?

f7a5e5acfc5e88de76b775a8866a1fb2fcf1b64ba05c28da6be3d45e9a8cf1c3.jpg

You will have a big fight on your hands and no doubt they will say it is from the outside in.

It would be possible, just depends how much time you have to throw at it

It will be an absolute nightmare, it will take ages, it will drive you nuts. My advice is live with it, fix it at your own cost, or scrap it, depending upon how bad the rust is and how good the rest of the car is.

Merc will refuse corrosion warranty on vehicles that are less than three year old so id say you've got your work cut out on a 15 year old W210...

No chance.

I had a claim rejected on a then 8 year old W202 bought new by my father , with less than 30K miles & full MBSH.

Also surely the repair costs would far exceed the value of the car?

Last edited:
it's not my car gentlemen

however, it seems like the answer is a no :(

They'll also check paint thickness and refuse to fix panels if it looks like they''ve been sprayed in the past. As others have said - snowball's chance in hell come to mind.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom