W210 wing mirror questions

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

GJUK

Car
E55
Hi,

Could someone advise with regards to Wing mirrors the difference between the inners in the year of models.

My W210 OS mirror spring retainer is damaged, the metal casing had cracked so I need a new one.

I've bought a replcement but it is different. It looks like MB redesigned the casing to make the spring retainer section stronger, which makes sense. It came off a 1999 car. My car is a 1998 car.

Can anyone advise when the 'inners' changed please?

I can transfer the cables, electric motor and everything over - no problem there.

New type is at the bottom, older type at the top.

Thanks.

Attachments

• IMG_20170102_152432.jpg
    IMG_20170102_152432.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 17
I'm old enough to remember wing mirrors...now door mirrors.

Sorry can't help. Is your car a facelift model...always a useful starting point?

My car is a pre facelift, it was produced in 1998.

Hi,
Both are folding by the look of it.
Has your car got memory seats?
Dimming glass?

was the 1999 a facelift? Could have the indicator wires

Hi guys.
Neither mirrors fold in to the car. Both mirrors have a manual spring 'fold' to them if you push on them/hit another car (which I've not done yet)

The NS mirror has an auto dimming facility. But I think you are talking about the wires and the motor, which I can move from either mirror frame to another - that is not the problem.

I'm curious about the actual frame, they are different and with my OCD going overboard I want both mirrors to be the same, even if you can't tell from the outside.

:D

nope, replacement was also from a pre facelift car
:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom