W210_OM606_Evry_Mod

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Georgem987

Car
W210_OM606
Hello,

I've just join the club recently and have been studying the evry mod that everyone is doing but for some reason, either i'm the most incompetent individual on Earth either my Merc is un-evry-able !!! :wallbash:
I've pretty much tried anything i could find on the forums regarding this mod, all of the pin numbers i've found posted are either missing on my ECU or are a totally different color to mine...:mad:
The car is completely stock(hope the ECU/wiring is as well, and it's just me being a complete idiot)and it's from '98.
If anyone there has the same model year and done this mod would deeply appreciate any guidance as detailed as possible.

Cheers,
George M.

Last edited:
Pins 6 and 7 on the pump harness is the easiest way of doing it.

And by the pump harness, you refer to the green connector, right ?
If so, i've tried values on the POT going from 0kohm to 5, and nothing happened...

I dont remember a green connector, take it from the white connector at the pump end of the harness.

I dont remember a green connector, take it from the white connector at the pump end of the harness.
Where exactly should that be ? In the ECU box haven't seen any white connector...

Follow the cable from the rear of the injection pump up to the connector where it meets the main harness, make your connections at that plug. it will either be a round black plug, or a square white plug.

Follow the cable from the rear of the injection pump up to the connector where it meets the main harness, make your connections at that plug. it will either be a round black plug, or a square white plug.
I remember seeing that round connector, on the opposite side of the engine, where the fuse box is; the red marked area is the one i remember seeing and the yellow one is the harness going to ECU box...I always was under the impression that the signal needs to be modified from the pump going to ECU... The one going to round connector seems to be going somewhere under the air-box and lost its track after...thoughts being that that part of the harness is just taking the power supply and ends somewhere in the fuse box...

Attachments

• 2219340340_9061387af0_b.jpg
    2219340340_9061387af0_b.jpg
    133 KB · Views: 41
Happy to say "black smoke has landed" !
To quote myself at that moment: "if i'd be a smoker i'd smoke a good one now" :)
Thanks for your support Carat 3.6 !

The way it behaves is pretty much the same as everyone described; the intended project was to link the POT with my Arduino which would receive signals from MAP and as the boost would increase i would set a value for which the micro controller would then close the circuit with the help of a 5V relay.

Two issues there:
1. The MAP sensor was sending 0.58V at idle and 0.63V at 1/3 throttle, which seemed wrong, knowing it should send around 1.45V or so at idle; i've set Arduino to close the circuit at 1.5V received from MAP for testing purposes and as expected, nothing happened.
2. I've managed to fry the board as i was trying to trigger the relay to close the circuit manually from the 3V output on the Arduino, so something went wrong there as well, and the worst part is i don't really know what happened there...

Next:
3. I'll have to see what's going on with the MAP...
4. I'll try to set the above scenario once again, as i would really like to have a smooth idle unaltered by this mod and to have the evry mod on at a certain manifold pressure...

Last edited:
Glad you've got it working, it's quite noticeable isnt it? :D

Mine had the rough idle, so I did look into closing the circuit using the abs speed signal. In the end I mounted a contact switch on the tps. As soon as you move the pedal the circuit would complete, nice and simple.

The next step would have been to trick the turbo into making more pressure than the ecu can see, but I never got around to that.

Last edited:
Glad you've got it working, it's quite noticeable isnt it? :D

Mine had the rough idle, so I did look into closing the circuit using the abs speed signal. In the end I mounted a contact switch on the tps. As soon as you move the pedal the circuit would complete, nice and simple.

The next step would have been to trick the turbo into making more pressure than the ecu can see, but I never got around to that.
Yep, sure is :D Feels alive...
Sounds good ! I wanna go with the Arduino for the time being, as i've put some time into studying these things... also thought it would be fairly easy to set the value for which evry will kick in, that meaning i can play with smaller POT values...
About turbo making more pressure i was thinking doing something like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mkjYVfxJK9s

I'm sure you know the guy; the only mod for that car was a 7.5mm IP and he upped the pressure with that T connector :) As simple as it gets !
That's my next thing as well after i'll sort my over-engineered evry project :)

About turbo making more pressure i was thinking doing something like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mkjYVfxJK9s

I'm sure you know the guy; the only mod for that car was a 7.5mm IP and he upped the pressure with that T connector :) As simple as it gets !
That's my next thing as well after i'll sort my over-engineered evry project :)

Goran knows his stuff, he did the 8mm pump on my w124. :rock:

You should be easily over 200hp with the evry and boost mods, it get's addictive playing with the 606!

Goran knows his stuff, he did the 8mm pump on my w124. :rock:

You should be easily over 200hp with the evry and boost mods, it get's addictive playing with the 606!
Ohh yeah, he does !
Uhh, over 200 sounds great :D and yes it gets adictive :)
Can't wait to finish mine :) ...i'll drop some pics with the progress.
Btw, is yours a daily ? The 8mills sounds pretty high end :D

Ohh yeah, he does !
Uhh, over 200 sounds great :D and yes it gets adictive :)
Can't wait to finish mine :) ...i'll drop some pics with the progress.
Btw, is yours a daily ? The 8mills sounds pretty high end :D

Get some pics up when you can, I'd like to see those.:thumb:

The w124 is indeed a daily driver, I wouldn't have it any other way. The 8mm takes a little getting used to, a little throttle delivers alot of fuel so you have to feed it in as the boost builds to avoid massive smoke.

It's no show queen, but is brutally quick.

IMG-20150910-WA0000_zpsfo4y4zdi.jpg

20151108_115031_zpsr2l8ipxt.jpg

Get some pics up when you can, I'd like to see those.:thumb:

The w124 is indeed a daily driver, I wouldn't have it any other way. The 8mm takes a little getting used to, a little throttle delivers alot of fuel so you have to feed it in as the boost builds to avoid massive smoke.

It's no show queen, but is brutally quick.

IMG-20150910-WA0000_zpsfo4y4zdi.jpg

20151108_115031_zpsr2l8ipxt.jpg
Yeah, i'd have it as a daily as well :D
Very nice rig ! Love the headlight wipers, wheels... turbo(model ?) :D
HP/Nm on this beast !?

Yeah, i'd have it as a daily as well :D
Very nice rig ! Love the headlight wipers, wheels... turbo(model ?) :D
HP/Nm on this beast !?

Thanks, the turbo is a modified Borgwarner s300. It's got billet wheels and a smaller than normal exhaust housing to help spool up.

It hasn't seen the dyno in over a year, but the last time it made 505hp and 755nm at the wheels @2.6 bar.

20150419_183959_zpsnxdri8ue.jpg

Thanks, the turbo is a modified Borgwarner s300. It's got billet wheels and a smaller than normal exhaust housing to help spool up.

It hasn't seen the dyno in over a year, but the last time it made 505hp and 755nm at the wheels @2.6 bar.

20150419_183959_zpsnxdri8ue.jpg
Very very nice :rock:
I was gonna say i would love to have a couple of short runs with this "little" beast... but i'd rather not... i'll need mine in that range tomorrow !!! :)
Managed to drop the second board in(first seems pretty much kaput as it got more voltage than it can handle at some point-can not upload on it-); i've done the wiring and fixed the board in place(build a small open-frame for it, to be able to have access at any point in time during testing) and every thing seemed right apart from reading the MAP values... still have to get my head around that one...

Attachments

• 2017305023219.jpg
    2017305023219.jpg
    224.9 KB · Views: 30
  • 2017305023109.jpg
    2017305023109.jpg
    224.2 KB · Views: 29
  • 2017305145239.jpg
    2017305145239.jpg
    229.5 KB · Views: 30
Good news ! Managed to read the "faulty" MAP sensor(was fine btw) and got 1.53-1.54V which is what i've expected from the begining; i had a bad ground connection and a command line in my programming that needed removed...and voila ! Evry + Arduino = Love ! :D I'll test it tomorrow(on my way to work ~12mls), as i didn't had enough time to take it for a run this evening. I'll post the goods and the bads tomorow :)

Forgot to mention i've set Arduino to close the circuit at 1.6V coming from MAP sensor which felt like 10-15% throttle... It was more or less just to favor a good idle(don't really know the value of the POT but it does shake when worm at idle -N & P- ).
The way i am thinking of setting this is to have it kicking in at over 2500RPM with a lower than now POT value; will see... will chase the sweet spot until i'm happy with a setting...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom