W211 '04 E55 - KeyLess Go Starting fail after front SAM Replacement

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Flozza

Car
E55 W211 '04
Hi guys

I'm experiencing a strange problem on my '04 E55, and any kind of help will be appreciated.

The story : few months ago, my front right turn signal stopped to work; first I thinked about the headlight, but after some search i found that was the front SAM module need a replace. So I bought the same ref (A211 545 40 01) new OEM part, so garagist replaced and reprogrammed it.

The turn signal is back and everything works, except one thing that worked very well before : I'm not able anymore to use the start function on the shift selector lever. If I use the classic way key no problem, no error. The keyless open/close is working good too. But If i use this start function , i got a bunch of errors, the car don't start, and get in kind of "locked mode" (can't move the selector lever, can't turn the key if i put it in, can't off the ignition, can't close the car...) and need to unplug the battery to be able to get it back with me. List of errors displaying :
- Lever Needs to be on P or N to start (red background on this one)
- ESP Display Fault
- ABS Display Fault
- SRS Display Fault
(I'm on a french car, i traduced myself these errors messages, so may be different)

There is no default code at Star Diag.

I checked relays of Circuit 15 & 15R (on the replaced SAM and in the trunk) but they seems to be good. I also replaced the brake light switch, in case of.. without success.

Does any of you have idea of what it can be ?

Don't hesitate to ask me more. if my english is bad, sorry for that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom