W211 2007 E280 CDI sport service D 63K .... Due to be replaced

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cumblechook

Hi Everyone,

Wow it has been a while since I was on here....

Anyway....... Thanks in advance for any advice.

The car is to be returned at the end of it's PCP Term in June. I wanna give it back early.

I fancy another Merc, but I am not sure how to approach the dealers... My brother worked at Merc and sold this thing to me 4years ago. Sadly, he passed away last year and I don't fancy some Merc sales fella screwing me over. My Bro told me to stick to the E-class and I am gonna do this. I actually went to Audi and Vw today to have a look at an A8 and a Toureg.... Not impressed with the VW, but the new A8 is a cracker...(small boot though).

I digresss...

My question is: What info I need to arm myself with before dealing with the er... Dealership?

Now my brother talked about Glass's and balloon payments and equity when I bought the car..... Can some one refresh me? My bro also said that I should give it back early. In January actually.

Secondly is service D at 62k a big'un?

How should I play this? Is there a game to be played?

Last edited:
Why does your PCP end.

Invariably the car will be worth less than the baloon so its best to hand it back and get another.

The service will not be cheap but it will be in the T&Cs that you have to use MB main dealer as the dealer history will be built into the Guaranteed minimum future value (your baloon). Not withstanding, its their car, not yours. Ownership does not transfer unless you pay the baloon

:dk:My car is coming up to a D service at similar mileage, dealer told me that its a minor one as it depends on what was done on the last big service...

:dk:My car is coming up to a D service at similar mileage, dealer told me that its a minor one as it depends on what was done on the last big service...

Mine is due a Service D soon too and I looked up the codes and what was required on the computer, it doesn't need plugs or transmission fluid change as these were done on the last one, it had General inspection,exh gas analysis and checking a few things, so I think mostly it's just checking certain things are still in good condition and the usual oil and filter service.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom