W211.226 (NTG1 DVD+CDC): Help on Rearview camera, rear parking sensors &/OR bluetooth

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

josecostalima

Car
E 320 CDI (W211.226) 11/2003
Hello all,

I own a W211.226 from 11/2003 (VIN: WDB2112261A438816) and I'm assessing the possibility to install rear parking sensors and/or a rearview camera connected to my COMAND APS NTG1 (DVD+CDC+6310iholder) if possible.

I've been studying this for months now and I'm not near to any clear solution at all. They all appear to have some tweaks.

I could be using the cheaper solution of installing 3rd party parking sensors but the possibility of installing a rearview camera would be nice also.

From my search I've found some solutions with the integration of both parking sensors and a rearview camera with the possibility of on-screen view of obstacles distance. But also some cameras with the possibility of on-screen dynamic guiding lines.

The comand lcd has been damage from a car jacking and I want to use the opportunity to repair it and install a rearview camera and the parking sensors.

Now, I know there are some constraints to the installation/retrofit of MB original parts with the NTG1. I believe it has the video input (no way of confirming that now without installing the unit because the LCD is damaged and I don't have access to the menu video options).

In addition to this, what would you recommend to the installation of a bluetooth connector, preferably compatible with the comand NTG1?

I don't use ipod/iphone but I use android devices (now a HTC Desire HD) and a Nokia E-71, both with the capability of A2DP, and the Android with DLNA. it would be nice to be possible to connect them to the comand NTG1 if possible.

Thanks in advance for any help!

JCL

Use the search alot of this has been covered before.

1st thing to check is your unit actually has the video input as they dont all have it. It is the green fakra connection on the back of the unit. Cars with factory fitted tv tuner had the video capable unit.

For phone you can use the Viseoo MBU1000 to convert your fixed Nokia cradle to bluetooth. Or disconnect the factory system and install something like the Fiscon Pro which will also allow bluetooth streaming (but you would lose the cd changer). Comand Online Ltd :: Mercedes Phone/Bluetooth :: Phone System Retrofit Kits :: Fiscon Pro Bluetooth Phone Kit for Mercedes Benz (MOST based cars)

Last edited:
Use the search alot of this has been covered before.

1st thing to check is your unit actually has the video input as they dont all have it. It is the green fakra connection on the back of the unit. Cars with factory fitted tv tuner had the video capable unit.

For phone you can use the Viseoo MBU1000 to convert your fixed Nokia cradle to bluetooth. Or disconnect the factory system and install something like the Fiscon Pro which will also allow bluetooth streaming (but you would lose the cd changer). Comand Online Ltd :: Mercedes Phone/Bluetooth :: Phone System Retrofit Kits :: Fiscon Pro Bluetooth Phone Kit for Mercedes Benz (MOST based cars)

Thanks npuk for the input. As I said I've been searching and studying for quite some time now, forum included. None of the solutions here are quite what I have in mind, tough. And I need more detailed information for some of them too.

I will try to get the comand unit out and check the green fakra connection some time soon and get back on it. Although I think that my unit is previous to the ones that got out without the tv tuner & the video input.

I've seen somewhere that the installation of a W221 rear view camera is also possible on a W211 along with a reference to a W221 rear view camera kit but didn't find any details &/or specifications on this and specifically on a W211 installation on a W211.226 (estate). Any help on this regard?

I've checked the solution with the viseoo MBU1000 with the nokia cradle but it is to expensive for the simple bluetooth connections it provides. Other possibilities could be replacing the cradle if possible for a retrofit one available with more options (connection to other viseoo modules with more options) or disregard it completely and opt for something like the Fiscon Pro but with USB connection support to media data (MP3, etc.) or even better with a connection to android devices (anyone here knows some on this? I've been searching but didn't find anything relevant yet...).

All in all a complete replacement of the NTG1 unit by a retrofit NTG2.5 could be an option if the total investment referred before is to high...

Thanks again for the help and directions.

JCL

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom