W211 CD Changer Motorised door issue

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

thefibreguy

Car
2012 Range Rover Sport
Guys

My 53 W211 E270cdi has a motorised door, but no CD changer. Should this door still work, when pressing the button under the Hazzard switch? cos mine don't!!

I have a cubby hole, in place of the CD changer, which would be handy for storage, if I could get the door working. Is this flip up door failure a common issue?

Regards,

Assuming it has the standard COMAND or AUDIO system in tact it should work fine, if it's been replaced then probably not.

Assuming it has the standard COMAND or AUDIO system in tact it should work fine, if it's been replaced then probably not.

Binning the standard COMAND was the first thing I did, but my car had no cd changer, it just has a plastic storage tray. Would have thought that the door would have opened by pressing the switch with, or without CD player, as then no way to access storage tray???

Regards

No wont work with an aftermarket unit.

npuk said:
No wont work with an aftermarket unit.

Have noticed an unused 2 pin plug on the changer housing. Was this connected to the original Comand Unit, or the CD changer?.

Can l fool this thing to think it's still connected to the Comand head unit?.

Thanks

Richard from Comand.co.uk has previously posted the actual opening and closing is controlled by the AGW unit so no that wont work.

I just remembered I had a circuit diagram from someone who made it work via a switch. Diagram attached.

Attachments

• drawer circuit.jpg
    drawer circuit.jpg
    214.7 KB · Views: 302
npuk said:
I just remembered I had a circuit diagram from someone who made it work via a switch. Diagram attached.

Just what I needed, this guy must also be a doctor!!. Can't quite make out what is says bottom right, writing is very faint, anyone make out what it says?

I have asked him for you, he doesnt post on this forum.

Just what I needed, this guy must also be a doctor!!. Can't quite make out what is says bottom right, writing is very faint, anyone make out what it says?

Looking at the wiring diagram and the remnants of the missing text its a simple 2 x 4 pin relay toggle switch arrangement (like old manual raise/lower electric antennae).

I have put the original text in the diagram.

Hope it helps.

Last edited:
¿Someone could do these? any real photos?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom