W211 cup holder accessory - is it any good?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gtahhh

Car
E320 CDI Estate (W211)
I was surprised to find our car didn't have a cup holder in the front but have just seen you can get a natty looking, fold out MB item that fits in the centre console cubby hole that can hold two cups. I can find them on eBay but they are ~£60. Can anyone who has one say whether they are any good?

-g

absolutely useless!

never put a drink in it unless you want the gearstick area swimming in beverage!

ive got it for completeness sake, no-one is allowed to use it ! ;)

Was it a good cup holder before you (very neatly) put the Drive+Play in there?

[edit] Ah, missed Alps' reply before I typed that. So, probably not, then.

Last edited:
It's handy for when stationary and that's about it.

They look cool how they move and will impress anyone. Trouble is as with all of them they are designed for LHD cars so us less for us

Be really careful with cup holders in a 211. If you spill a drink it's a potential big bill as below the tranny tunnel sits the gearbox control unit.

Admittedly, they're designed for LHD cars, but I use mine quite easily. I only the the left side though, as the right tends to get in the way of my left arm with a drink in it when driving, tho its ok when parked. The left side is fine for a can or a McD's coffee with the lid on. I bought mine around 4 years ago and haven't had a spill yet. Its got a great smooth action when it opes too!

My cup holder is perfect.

28 yrs, 5'11" brunette, DD

I would admit its not an ideal design.....but I like mine and have had no bother with it.

After unanimous thumbs down, lots of favourable comments. I think I'll have to try it myself in that case. There's always eBay if I don't. Thanks all.

I had one in my CLS, it is very nifty how it pops up, but the top holder is not stable enough. The one that is in the bottom is fine.

MB parts were cheaper than the charlatans on eBay.

S

I had one in my W211 and whilst it wasn't the best was perfectly useable. I mainly used for bottled drinks or coffee cups with secure lids.

I have one that you can have for £30 if your interested.

Is it for one cup?

If so I have taken the inner 'tray' out of the cubby behind the gear lever and a cup (almost any size) fits well in there. Those big insulated ones also. So no need for a cupholder now :)

Yes, I thought the Saab one was a brilliant design. Was considering what to do about cup holders in my 211. Having seen the various comments will stick with the brunette

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom