W211 Cup Holder

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Coggers

Car
C55 AMG
I'm after the cup holder that fits into the central console just behind the gear stick.

Thanks

I seem to recall this is about £30 from the dealer. Don't pay too much via ebay or elsewhere.

I've avoided one. They say you should buy a new gearbox at the same time, as the inevitable spillages can be serious for it. All electrikery in there init.:crazy:

In case you don't know, they're only made for LHD so over here the cupholder pops out onto your leg not the passengers.

Hi. I have one lying around in the shed somewhere if you want it.

H

In case you don't know, they're only made for LHD so over here the cupholder pops out onto your leg not the passengers.

What? Thats crazy.

From looking at the pictures though, i think i can manage. The chairs are designed for large Americans, so i'm hopinh my small thighs can manoeuvre round the problem. :D

Hi. I have one lying around in the shed somewhere if you want it.

H

That would be great, H. I will PM you.

Got to be the biggest waste of money i have ever spent on my car.

evdok said:
Got to be the biggest waste of money i have ever spent on my car.

Oh, is it really that bad? How can I store my coffee if I don't have one of these?

Anyone got any decent alternatives? Tried any aftermarket ones or something?

What? Thats crazy.

From looking at the pictures though, i think i can manage. The chairs are designed for large Americans, so i'm hopinh my small thighs can manoeuvre round the problem. :D

It's actually more that it sits right where your left arm would naturally be when driving, imagine it with the height of a cup in it.

Hi I've just had one from eBay for my w211 eclass, paid just over £40 which was slightly cheaper than main dealer. It fits into centre console after taking insert out and does do the job perfectly, hope this helps

I put one in my E55, it does get in the way a bit but you get used to it. I don't actually use the flip out plastic bit to hold cups, I use that to hold my phone and works pretty well. The space that is left next to the mechanism is just right for cups though and holds them nice and secure. I wouldn't dare put a cup in the flip out bit when on the move, just asking for trouble. All said and done I would rather have it than not.

Hi I've just had one from eBay for my w211 eclass, paid just over £40 which was slightly cheaper than main dealer. It fits into centre console after taking insert out and does do the job perfectly, hope this helps

Interested, please post a link for me. I'm used to 2 holders in my passat and now I have none!!

Indeed they are...

[YOUTUBE]rQXaysrRkmw[/YOUTUBE]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom