W211 E-class Multichanger. Baffled!!!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Donza

Basically i gave my father my money. He went out and bought the E-class lastweek.

This weekend i saw it and fell in love.

Anyway, i clicked on the centre console and to my surprise it bagan rising. And Lo and behold, behind the fascia was the following.

Now the fascia has a cd slot. However all the leds are red.

So i presume they have CD's in? right?

Who would sell a car with cd's in? Anyway, i tried to find a way to remove the cd's. But i dont know how..

And i dont have a manual either.

Does this mean i have a cd multichanger? Despite the fact i have a single slot cd also in the console?

donza hold the first red button for a couple of sec until it flashes and turns green then insert disc, do this for all and away you go.

The cd changer may be able to play mp3 :bannana:

cheers

Hash

donza hold the first red button for a couple of sec until it flashes and turns green then insert disc, do this for all and away you go.

The cd changer may be able to play mp3 :bannana:

cheers

Hash

I owe you mate!!!!

Basically i gave my father my money. He went out and bought the E-class lastweek.

This weekend i saw it and fell in love.

Anyway, i clicked on the centre console and to my surprise it bagan rising. And Lo and behold, behind the fascia was the following.

Now the fascia has a cd slot. However all the leds are red.

So i presume they have CD's in? right?

Who would sell a car with cd's in? Anyway, i tried to find a way to remove the cd's. But i dont know how..

And i dont have a manual either.

Does this mean i have a cd multichanger? Despite the fact i have a single slot cd also in the console?
keep your finger on button one it will flash red the put in a disc and it will turn green when green the disc is loaded and do this on all buttons till all loaded...sadley there are no discs in the magazine when led is red hope this help regards jon:confused:

Aww! - and I'd told everyone they were the optional missile launcher system :D

Sure you do not have a manual?

I shall not tell you how long it took me to discover that it lived underneath the top cover of the rear centre armrest......

keep your finger on button one it will flash red the put in a disc and it will turn green when green the disc is loaded and do this on all buttons till all loaded...sadley there are no discs in the magazine when led is red hope this help regards jon:confused:

Hiya,

UPDATE:

I have held down the buttons, but all i hear is whirring with nothing coming out.

So i have 5 red LED's and a blank one. I am baffled.

Do w211's without a cd-changer have the pic of the device above in their car also?

Hiya,

UPDATE:

I have held down the buttons, but all i hear is whirring with nothing coming out.

So i have 5 red LED's and a blank one. I am baffled.

Do w211's without a cd-changer have the pic of the device above in their car also?

Hold down the red buttons one by one for a couple of seconds, as soon as it lights up green insert a disc into it, then do the following for the rest.The whinning noise your hearing is the mechanical gadget inside the command waiting for you to insert a disc.

Its not that hard mate.

OPEN UP THE ARM REST IN THE BACK SEAT, YOU MIGHT BE SUPRISED WHAT LIVES THERE.

Hold down the red buttons one by one for a couple of seconds, as soon as it lights up green insert a disc into it, then do the following for the rest.The whinning noise your hearing is the mechanical gadget inside the command waiting for you to insert a disc.

Its not that hard mate.

OPEN UP THE ARM REST IN THE BACK SEAT, YOU MIGHT BE SUPRISED WHAT LIVES THERE.

Done all this to no avail..

I'm a bit poorly today but first off here is a link for the interactive manual

If I can be of further help pm me tomorrow and I will get wife to play with our multi-cd changer and see what we can find out.

Regards
John

if john link above doesnt work take it to your dealer(,see a service guy and he will probably show you if not faulty) as there may be a problem as not just i have said the same thing regards jon:confused:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom